How much do you use?

chocolatai

Ladies,
When you use your shampoo and conditioner, how long do these bottles normally last you? I was thinking about how the directions on some bottles are very specific with telling you how much product to use (dime sized, quartered size amount) whereas some are not. I know that I've used products in the past and was disappointed with the results but after I thought about it, I figured that I might not have been using enough to really have an effect on my hair. Maybe by pinpointing how long a bottle typically lasts you may give you a better indication of how much you're using and maybe even help you better pinpoint if you're using too much or not enough. Just curious.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Depends on the products. I don't use the recommended amount on the bottle because I know what my hair needs better than the person who manufactured the bottle. That being said, most shampoos last about 3 months and that's with washing twice a week. I co wash daily with V05 and a bottle usually lasts about 2 weeks. Suave's last about a months. Deep conditioners, cholesterols, and protein treatments last about 3 months and that's with once a week use or once every two weeks. So for me, it depends on the product and how I use it. I do however have some salon size Nexxus products that I've had for 6 months and there still not even half empty.