How often do you trim your ends?

Kamilla16

Tonight, I just realized the last time I got my hair trimmed was in November /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I guess I sort of forgot, since my ends have started to look good thanks to all the great advice here.

Well my questions:

Is trimming necessary?
How often do you trim your ends?

I think I might need to now that I am looking at my ends /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Karima, /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Allandra

I don't have a particular trimming schedule. I only trim when necessary (which is maybe a few times a year).

skegeesmb

I also trim when necessary. I think any other trimmings are purely for aesthestic appeal if the hair isn't split or damaged.

Lindy

I get my hair trimmed at the salon every time I get my relaxer touch-up, which is every 12-14 weeks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

zanna

The last time I trimed my hair was also in november. I cut an inch off. I trim my hair as needed.

Armyqt

I trim my hair as needed. But basically that's been, every 3 months when I get a touch-up. I've been trying to get rid of some damaged hair from the no-lye. I'll keep this up until I get rid of all of it. Then hopefully I cna trim twice a year and be good.

SherryLove

Twice a year I trim it about 1 inch........ /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SherryLove

Karonica

I had to give myself a nice dusting on the Saturday before last. I hadn't had a trim since last August, and I thought I could hold out longer, but the ends said NO! They were all uneven and hard and crap, just terrible looking, so, I gave them a nice dusting. No more than 1/2" in some places. I needed to trim more, but trimming that little bit has helped. Less hair gets snagged in the comb now. My hair isn't even all around, but I don't care. As long as it's healthy and growing, evening it out can be done once it all gets to a certain length. I will try to go another 6 months without one. But, I did my own and it was really easy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

I trim once overy other relaxer. About a half inch each time. That equals once every 5 months or so since I go about 2.5 months between relaxers....

Kitkat

Like Armyqt I am trying to trim away no lye hair, so I trim with every relaxer - about every 8 weeks.