How often is everyone using henna?

ichephren

This question is especially for relaxed ladies. Since henna loosens the curl and gives strength to the hair, I am wondering how much henna is too much for my relaxed hair. So, chime in ladies...how often do you henna?

Neith

Once a month. At first I did it once every 2 weeks to really get that color in there. It worked too because my bf told me my hair is getting redder and redder last night.

It's not going to drastically loosen your curl pattern. It behaves like a light protein treatment on my hair... it's nowhere near as potent as a hard protein.

Don't be scared of the henna :)

Platinum

I tried it for the first time last month and I love it! I'm not sure how often I will use it. I'll probably try it again when my Indigo starts to fade, I guess.:ohwell:

nitavcc

I know this might be a little off topic.. but what about henna and MT? Do you think doing both may be a little too much?:ohwell:

sqzbly1908

I know this might be a little off topic.. but what about henna and MT? Do you think doing both may be a little too much?:ohwell:

Hold up - BuckWheat!!! I am too through...LOL

Now back to the topic at hand. I am currently doing both. I just started Henna'ing last month so I will do it again next week (that will make a month) Last time I waited a week before I started using the MT again so I don't go into any type of protein overload. But it has come along nicely. That henna sure does give my hair a lot of body/volume. I actually do a Henna gloss where I mix conditioner versus doing it straight. If I was not using the MT, I would probably try it straight but I keep my moisture levels on point with a lot of deep conditioning...

Man that was wordy!!! Sorry so long!!!

Carrie A

Hold up - BuckWheat!!! I am too through...LOL

Now back to the topic at hand. I am currently doing both. I just started Henna'ing last month so I will do it again next week (that will make a month) Last time I waited a week before I started using the MT again so I don't go into any type of protein overload. But it has come along nicely. That henna sure does give my hair a lot of body/volume. I actually do a Henna gloss where I mix conditioner versus doing it straight. If I was not using the MT, I would probably try it straight but I keep my moisture levels on point with a lot of deep conditioning...

Man that was wordy!!! Sorry so long!!!

Your hair looks fab!

I've been slacking on my henna but I did a treatment over the weekend and will resume every 2 weeks.

drasgrl

Once a month or as needed as my gray starts showing again. Henna hasn't loosened my curl pattern at all.

kaykaybobay

I do henna once a week or every other week. I really have no natural curl pattern left since using henna, which I don't mind.