Affordable Henna

nisha2004

Hey guys. Quick question...where are you ladies getting the cheapest BAQ henna? Thanx

ETA: Also how often are you henna-ing? Is every 4 wks too often?

Last edited:
I got my Jamila Henna from Ebay. It was 15 bucks including shipping for 300gs. Thats 3 boxes. I haven't used it yet but I've heard from the "Do You Henna" thread that Jamila is good to use.

I get it at my local Indian grocery store. At my local store a package of 100 grams is about 1.99. I also got Karishma henna before for 300 grams for 2.99

I notice decreased effects of the Henna at 6 weeks after doing it. So to avoid that, I do it once every 4-5 weeks. More than that and my hair tends to get dry.

I think 4 weeks is perfect.

I got my Jamila from mehndiskinart for 1.95 per 100g when he had that big sale its still going on too and he has Summer crop 2007 for 4.95 per 100g. It was fresh henna too I stocked up so I wont need anymore for several months

I get it at my local Indian grocery store. At my local store a package of 100 grams is about 1.99. I also got Karishma henna before for 300 grams for 2.99

Awe! I can't wait to go back home to the A to score some cheap Henna & get the eye brows threaded!

I get mine from From Nature With Love - 1 pound for 6.25 (roughly 450 grams).

It's totally gritfree, amazingly fresh, color releases in under an hour, and it slides out of my hair. Everytime I've used something different - I've regretted it. And maybe my Indian stores are just slow on the rotation, but all the on the shelf henna I've seen in this area is either old, gritty, or both. :nono:

I henna once a month, and a pound lasts me for a good six months or more....

I get mine from Indian stores in my area b/c the prices are better for me than online.

Using henna every 4 weeks is great frequency. Do whatever works best for you. Happy Hennaing! :grin:

I get mine from From Nature With Love - 1 pound for 6.25 (roughly 450 grams).

It's totally gritfree, amazingly fresh, color releases in under an hour, and it slides out of my hair. Everytime I've used something different - I've regretted it. And maybe my Indian stores are just slow on the rotation, but all the on the shelf henna I've seen in this area is either old, gritty, or both. :nono:

I henna once a month, and a pound lasts me for a good six months or more....

WoW that around 1.30 per 100g .....now u cant beat that with a bat.... thats where ill try my next purchase:yep:

If you are looking for the effects of color without having to mix it, then you can buy the Long Lovely Locks Henna Putty. Just a little tip.

Back