How Soon is too Soon To wash before getting a relaxer

mahogany_horizons

Hi Ladies,

I've seen this question has been asked on the forum before, but I need to ask it again. How soon is too soon to wash before getting a relaxer? I'm asking b/c my hair is ITCHING like madness! I'm relaxing on Thursday morning. It's Tuesday Morning right now, and I will be washing in the afternoon. I would have washed on Monday, but I had things I needed to do. I typically wash 3 days before a relaxer, but I've never tried doing it two days before. Am I cutting it too close?

-PYT

You might be. I heard a week was a good buffer inbetween washing and relaxing. Hopefully you're not scratching and won't burn!

*CherryPie*

I've washed my hair the day before MANY times, and I never have a problem. I guess I'm not scary like that. I just don't wash less than 24 hours before I relax my hair.

LittleLuxe

Depends on what you're using to wash your scalp with. True story I washed my hair the day before my relaxer for years while using Creme of Nature and never had a problem. I switched to Elucence (slightly better brand with less harsh sulfates) and tried the same thing...yep just about relaxed my scalp off.

Build-up is no joke, I never believed in the need for clarifying till I realized how much CON was coating my strands even after I rinsed it off. If you haven't experimented before to see how it'll react I'd take the pass.

If you can't see any other option than to wash then I suggest you base your scalp heavilly with an oil to protect your scalp.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm a burner....I can't agitate scalp within 5 days of relaxing our I'll be on fire. I get relaxed at the salon so product strength may make all the difference.

baddison

natural for good
I always wash on the Tuesday, when I get my relaxer on Saturday. I make sure the Tuesday wash & DC is a protein one.:yep:

mahogany_horizons

It will be a little more than 24 hours....I'm not going to risk it....I think I'll be OK....I haven't really been scratching that much though I am itching! Thanks ladies