HOW SOON CAN I WASH MY HAIR AFTER A FRESH RELAXER?

Nanyanika

Hi all, I just had my hair relaxed on Monday with SE lye relaxer, is it too soon for me to wash my hair? i don't want my hair to revert as i have just done a corrective.

Kimberly

Hi, Den1...seems like I've been following you around since the old C&G days!

Anyway, I usually can barely wait three days before washing my hair after a fresh relaxer. I've not ever had reversion.

sweetascocoa

Kimberly said:

Anyway, I usually can barely wait three days before washing my hair after a fresh relaxer. I've not ever had reversion.
same here. i relaxed on saturday and i washed yesterday (wednesday)

Nanyanika

Kimberly said:

Thanks for responding!! I may just wait till monday, before taking my hair down for treatments.

shunta

Id say about three days, too. Well once, I got my hair relaxed at a new salon, and I didnt really like the style and plus she put way too much biosilk on my hair. My hair felt icky and greasy, so I went home and washed it out within a couple of hours after relaxing it, and saw no ill effects.:)

Nanyanika

shunta said:
Id say about three days, too. Well once, I got my hair relaxed at a new salon, and I didnt really like the style and plus she put way too much biosilk on my hair. My hair felt icky and greasy, so I went home and washed it out within a couple of hours after relaxing it, and saw no ill effects.:)
Thanks, i'm also concerned about too much maipulation after a relaxer, usually because freshly relaxed hair is pretty weak and prone to damage, and i've just removed 2 inches from my ends.

Nanyanika

Ladies, i couldn't wait any longer, i went ahead and clarified my hair with Pantene, followed by CON green label poo, my hair felt soo slippery. I applied my favourite Aphogee keratin reconstructor, i love the scent reminds mwe of coconuts, I went under the drier for 30 minutes, then rinsed my hair felt so soft yet stronger.

I decided to try for the first time my Joico k-pak intense hydrating conditioner for 20 minutes under the drier again my hair felt and looked healthy and silky, I really like this conditioner.

I slathered some profectiv roothealth as a leave-in and moisturised with keracare oil moisturiser with jojoba oil, i applied kerecare essential oils to seal in moisture on my ends, before twisting length into a bun to airdry. my ends feel so much better and my moisturisers seem to work brilliantly.

angellazette

Why would the hair revert if you wash it immediately after a relaxer? I mean you have already applied the relaxer, and did a wash to get it out so I'm not understanding why it would revert if you washed it again. It's already done it's job.

Nanyanika

angellazette said:
Why would the hair revert if you wash it immediately after a relaxer? I mean you have already applied the relaxer, and did a wash to get it out so I'm not understanding why it would revert if you washed it again. It's already done it's job.
I've had reversion problems before, when i added a heavy reconstructor to my hair, it would make my hair kink up.

Last edited:

carmella25

I usually wash the next day after my relaxer. Ive been doing it since 2002 and havent had any problems doing it like this. I conditoner wash everyday.