How soon to protein treat after touch up?

Fine 4s

Say a touch was done last weekend on Saturday (4 days ago), how soon for a hardcore Aphogee treatment?
How soon for a 2 min Aphogee treatment?
I remember something about waiting X amount of time before one does a protein treatment but I don't remember how long.
Help!

Tks.

Don't try the hardcore Aphogee treatment after a touchup, but please use the Aphogee 2 minute one though. I would suggest using the 2 minute immediately after your relaxer. It is mild deposit of protein. To make hair extra soft follow with Lustrasilk shea butter conditioner.

FYI: 48 to 72 hours before your relaxer touch up use a protein treatment to help aid your hair with the chemicals. :)

I do the hardcore a week before my relaxer. Some people do a week later, and some people use protein during the relaxing process. You can do it whenever you decide to wash your hair. The week after I relaxed I used nexxus emergencee, that may be to much protein for your hair though.

I use a strong protein 1 or 2 weeks before. I personally use dudleys DRC during the relaxer process.

Aphogee 2 minute is nice for a mid protein step during the relaxer process.

Say a touch was done last weekend on Saturday (4 days ago), how soon for a hardcore Aphogee treatment?
I remember something about waiting X amount of time before one does a protein treatment but I don't remember how long.
Help!

Tks.

Well, I've never done a hardcore protein treatment on my hair, and I use a reconstructor (similar to the 2 min. Aphogee) during the touchup process only; after rinsing the relaxer out but before neutralizing. My hair doesn't like much protein. :nono:

Help!

Tks.

I used a Heavy Protein at least 1 Week Before Relaxing. I happen to use Nexxus Emergencee. A Milder Protein treatment before the Neutralizing during the Relaxer Process like the Joico K-Pak. To get back to your question: I usually do another Mild Protein Treatment 1 week after relaxer.

I've only done a hardcore treatment before a relaxer. I'll do a mild protein treatment afterwards.

I usually have too many tangles to do a hard core protein treatment before I relax (I relax every 3 months). I do a mild protein before neutralizing and a hard protein 2 weeks post. You shouldn't do a hard protein before 2 weeks post because it can cause the relaxer to revert.

I usually have too many tangles to do a hard core protein treatment before I relax (I relax every 3 months). I do a mild protein before neutralizing and a hard protein 2 weeks post. You shouldn't do a hard protein before 2 weeks post because it can cause the relaxer to revert.

Hard core protein treatments can't revert relaxers. I don't know of anything that can make a relaxer revert. They can however, break off your hair if used to frequently.

Back