How To Care For Hair Underneath Micros?

Mama Cita

To all those lovely ladies who "do" the micros style, how do you care for your hair underneath? I am getting a good amount of growth now and, God willing, it will only get better but I am not trying to regress by getting micros and having all my edges fall out. I NEVER let them braid my baby hair, I gel them down before I even get there! I just ordered some boundless tresses and I am going to start taking my vitamins and exercising again, hopefully I can get 1"-2" per month by doing this. Anyway, any and all suggestions are welcomed with open arms... TIA

Malice

:wave:, I have wet & wavy braids, so I spray my braids and scalp daily with a mixture of conditioner, amla, water, and lavender oil, some nights I spray Fantasia IC P.M oil spray on it and I tie on a scarf every night. Every other day I shower without a cap and just let the water rinse through my scalp and braids and I'll shampoo and massage my scalp and hair once a week maybe every two weeks in the shower. I ordered BT too, so when I get it I'll massage the oil on my scalp every other day and just saturate the rest of my braids my mix (which I'm thinking of replacing with one of those s-curl sprays to keep em moisturized). And I'll probably rinse/wash my hair and scalp once or twice a week once I start oiling again. (I was using Amla, but I'm over it, wasn't all that, used up the rest for my spray mix) I've had them in for a month and so far so good. I've had micros before and experienced dramatic growth that time I had them in and my edges were fine. I never stretch my braids into a tight old ponytail on my head, matter of fact I don't pull em at all, and didn't change direction of the base until after 2 weeks so I've never experienced my edges being damaged. I also just started some vits (in my siggy) and started working out again. How long are you going to keep them in? If I can stand it I wanna keep these in for another two months and rebraid in June, and keep em in till August. I'm not playing about this APL business, I hope I'm there before the years out.

Mama Cita

:) Thank you so much, I was starting to think it was a stupid question!!! I want to try to keep them in for about the same time-3 months. I have 3a-3b-3c type hair and it is very silky when taken care of properly. I've had micros in before and had great growth from them. I have had problems in the past with my edges though. I will try you your reccomendations though, thank you. I will probably get my edges redone every month though. Thanks again:D