Help!!! w/Hair for Micros...

Cookie67

Hello my LHCF Members,

I'm getting micros tomorrow and I'm torn between what type of hair to get. I'm on a buget, so I wanted to try Batik (syn) Deep Wave hair $10 pack. I typically keep my micros in for 3 months (touched up after 6 weeks).

Do you think this hair would last that long? Should I just get the regular yaki and get it crimped?

HELP!!!!

Lucky's Mom

Hello my LHCF Members,

I'm getting micros tomorrow and I'm torn between what type of hair to get. I'm on a buget, so I wanted to try Batik (syn) Deep Wave hair $10 pack. I typically keep my micros in for 3 months (touched up after 6 weeks).

Do you think this hair would last that long? Should I just get the regular yaki and get it crimped?

HELP!!!!

Batik is an excellent Brand.

Go for it.

Platinum

My braider used regular Kanekalon hair (the basic jumbo braid pack). She braided 75% of it and left the ends loose. Then she grabbed sections of my braids, braided them together, and dipped them into hot water. After that, she took down the bigger braids so now my braids have a crimped look on the ends. You can see a pic of my braids in my profile and my LHCF album.

Good luck!

Leesh

Cookie67, It may not be a good idea to use synthetic hair for micro's, the installation hair is a lot stronger than your actual hair, which could cause severe breakage, just like in stretching Your perm's, if You do not moisturize sufficiently, even then it will break, synthetic is plastic and pulled really tight it sorta becomes like a sharp razor and in turn will slice Your Hair.
Thats just food for thought!
Good Luck with Your Journey!

Last edited:

Platinum

I forgot to mention that I moisturized my braids with Worlds of Curls curl moisturizer twice a day. I also use Surge 14 to give my hair a protein 'fix'. (I baggy at night)