How to do a FULL weave?

Sweetyb

Hey all,

I'm weaving someone's hair for the 1st time this weekend and I need help! I've researched so many different "How to" threads and journals on how to weave... I think I'm ready, but I'd like to know the technique for doing a FULL weave with all the hair hidden, and how to sew the part... without a closure or lace front piece.

So far, I'm thinking do tiny lace braids along the hairline to cover the tracks, kinda like Shay on that Flavor of Love Girls show? Or how else would I be able to do this?

Any other tips on weaving will help a lot... Thanks a bunch!

glamazon386

How did I miss this? I think she meant with all your hair covered. I know Rabia leaves hair out for blending. I'm glad you got the help you needed. Were you doing straight or curly hair? I usually just do the curly hair in a circle. For the straight you kind of have to butt the tracks up against each other. I just did it successfly for the first time myself (with wavy hair) the day before yesterday. Im gonna try it with the straight hair next time. Now I don't have to travel an hr to get my hair done if I want the straight hair. I can do it myself.

Amour

bmoreflyygirl said:
How did I miss this? I think she meant with all your hair covered. I know Rabia leaves hair out for blending. I'm glad you got the help you needed. Were you doing straight or curly hair? I usually just do the curly hair in a circle. For the straight you kind of have to butt the tracks up against each other. I just did it successfly for the first time myself (with wavy hair) the day before yesterday. Im gonna try it with the straight hair next time. Now I don't have to travel an hr to get my hair done if I want the straight hair. I can do it myself.

ooh thats interesting.. so when you do a curly style you sew up like a *****ive?

I read somewhere, where someone was weaving w/o actually plaiting the hair can't remember exactly where? I think it may have been called a malyasian sew in (or I might be confusing two different techniques) anyone heard of this before?

glamazon386

KissKiss said:
ooh thats interesting.. so when you do a curly style you sew up like a *****ive?

I read somewhere, where someone was weaving w/o actually plaiting the hair can't remember exactly where? I think it may have been called a malyasian sew in (or I might be confusing two different techniques) anyone heard of this before?

Yeah I've heard of a malaysian before. But idk how to do it. No I don't do the beehive I think it looks unnatural. I braid straight back. Then sew side to side until I get to about my ears then I sew the rest in a circle and close it at the top.

Sweetyb

Thanks ladies for the responses :D It's never too late because I'm still learning.

That was a great thread KissKiss, I remember reading that a while back. Very detailed, and the clip-in weaves description was interesting, had never heard of anything like that before, but it makes so much sense.

He bmoreflygirl! I'm still on that journey towards getting my weave done... it's proving to be a long journey given that I've just recently done my first weave :lol: , and not even on myself yet :). But I still remember all the advise you gave me, especially about hair. I'm still stuck on that Goddess French wave hair... they have this new "Indian" hair with a soft but tighter curl that I'm absolutely in love with. I know, that sounded wierd :ohwell:.

As for the hair I did on my client, I used straight Outre Remy Yaki 10" hair because it was the best type of BSS hair I could find at that location. The other brand I heard was the best BSS hair is a line called Black Diamond, but I couldn't find it there. Also, I read many reviews that Milky Way was by far the worst BSS hair. This was actually what I bought, so needless to say, after learning this I quickly returned this for the Outre. But anyway, the hair turned out beautiful, it took me all day though to figure everything out. I had bought a razor/comb and brushed it through the hair to give it a more realistic, layered look with swept bangs. I felt like an artist with a paint brush. I did a lot of over-thinking as far as the braiding pattern, but I was very pleased with the results :cool:

Attachments

• 100_1544.JPG
    100_1544.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_1545.JPG
    100_1545.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 57

Amour

Sweetyb said:
Thanks ladies for the responses :D It's never too late because I'm still learning.

That was a great thread KissKiss, I remember reading that a while back. Very detailed, and the clip-in weaves description was interesting, had never heard of anything like that before, but it makes so much sense.

He bmoreflygirl! I'm still on that journey towards getting my weave done... it's proving to be a long journey given that I've just recently done my first weave :lol: , and not even on myself yet :). But I still remember all the advise you gave me, especially about hair. I'm still stuck on that Goddess French wave hair... they have this new "Indian" hair with a soft but tighter curl that I'm absolutely in love with. I know, that sounded wierd :ohwell:.

As for the hair I did on my client, I used straight Outre Remy Yaki 10" hair because it was the best type of BSS hair I could find at that location. The other brand I heard was the best BSS hair is a line called Black Diamond, but I couldn't find it there. Also, I read many reviews that Milky Way was by far the worst BSS hair. This was actually what I bought, so needless to say, after learning this I quickly returned this for the Outre. But anyway, the hair turned out beautiful, it took me all day though to figure everything out. I had bought a razor/comb and brushed it through the hair to give it a more realistic, layered look with swept bangs. I felt like an artist with a paint brush. I did a lot of over-thinking as far as the braiding pattern, but I was very pleased with the results :cool:

well done :clap:

you did a great job

glamazon386

Sweetyb said:

It looks good! But don't buy that new Indian hair if you plan on washing frequently. I got it for my bday. That's the hair in my avatar. After I washed it a few times it looked a HAM. It got matted and just looked nasty. I took it out two weeks later. For the price I paid, it's not worth it. I wasted $60.

Sweetyb

bmoreflyygirl said:
Sweetyb said:
It looks good! But don't buy that new Indian hair if you plan on washing frequently. I got it for my bday. That's the hair in my avatar. After I washed it a few times it looked a HAM. It got matted and just looked nasty. I took it out two weeks later. For the price I paid, it's not worth it. I wasted $60.

That's disappointing especially since their other styles seem to have no problems. I know some women can go without washing their hair for months, but unfortunately I can't go more than a week, so that hair wouldn't work for me.

Sweetyb

I'm thinking I'm in over my head, but I'm about do do my own full weave right now on my own head, starting this late at 6 in the morning :look:. Please wish me luck because I have to make sure that at least I finish in time for work tomorrow morning!

soslychic

No I don't do the beehive I think it looks unnatural. I braid straight back. Then sew side to side until I get to about my ears then I sew the rest in a circle and close it at the top.

Hey do you mind explaining what you mean by sewing the rest in a circle once you get to your ears? I'm having a hard time visualizing. I'm wanting to get a weave for a month or two and my mom is planning on doing it. She's done it before with good results but I think it was kind of an accident that the front track ended up not showing. :) She wanted more info as well as I. And I'm definetely using curly hair. Thx! :)

Last edited:

anahnamuslyyours

What makes Milky Way the worst BSS hair? I juss got my first weave put in with this hair today - the curly kind - so so far so good, but now I wanna know what to look out for. TIA!

glamazon386

Hey do you mind explaining what you mean by sewing the rest in a circle once you get to your ears? I'm having a hard time visualizing. I'm wanting to get a weave for a month or two and my mom is planning on doing it. She's done it before with good results but I think it was kind of an accident that the front track ended up not showing. :) She wanted more info as well as I. And I'm definetely using curly hair. Thx! :)

Take it around your head in a circle. When you get to the ear, instead of flipping the track over and going in the other direction, keep going around in the direction of your forehead. Come around the other ear and across the back of your head to the first ear. Keep going until you get to the crown of your head. All your hair should be covered by then.

Healthb4Length

If your interested pretty girl Weaves by CeCe has an EXCELLENT instructional DVD. It's about 70 bucks but she shows you the exact cornrow pattern and cutting techniques needed for a flat realistic weave with a fierce cut.