How to prepare to relax....??

Leslie_C

would u ladies mind telling me what u specifically do the days before and days of relaxer to prepare for the optimal experience?

I plan to get a relaxer this coming friday, so Id like any input...TIA!

I did a protein treatment the day before yesterday, and plan to co wash tomorrow and probably wash and deep condition about 3 days before....should I oil my new growth all week? what is the best way to have your hair the day of relaxer so they can really tell the new growth from the relaxed part to be sure not to overlap?

Im @ 10 weeks this time, planned to go to 12 but Im visiting relatives and want to look nice.

I usually just do a light protein treatment the days before and after a relaxer. Except after I clarify first.

The night before i usually base my own scalp with Dudley's AD and E oil... its heavy like vaseline... but I haven't burned yet...since I started doing it... even when I had washed my hair 2 days before touch-up

[ QUOTE ]
ThursdayGirl said:
The night before i usually base my own scalp with Dudley's AD and E oil... its heavy like vaseline... but I haven't burned yet...since I started doing it... even when I had washed my hair 2 days before touch-up

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like a good one...

I use a heavy duty protein treatment Dudley's drc 28 a week before my relaxer and base my scalp with castor oil 3 days before applying relaxer.

I do a protein treatment (not a heavy duty) the wash (a week) before the touchup. The night before or right before I go to the salon, I base my scalp with vaseline. The wash the week after the touch up, I use a heavy duty protein treatment.

Back