How to properly oil/grease scalp?

Leslie_C

Ive never known how to do it right. I just part my hair down the middle. then rub it between my hands and rub it in my scalp all over. But Im not sure if It is getting more in my hair than on my scalp.

How do u oil or grease your scalp? And how much do u normally use? do u have to part it in small sections and oil the parts? thats awful time consuming! lol :)

If it's oil I seperate my hair into different sections & put the oil on my scalp , once done I rub it in as to not have it simply sit on too of my scalp.
If it's grease I apply the same way as oil.
I try not to be heavy handed when doing either...
I don't put top much on the hair itself for eventually the lubricants will make their way down my hair shaft. I find that if I oil my hair, it becomes too oily & weighed down...
-HTH :grin:

I don't usually oil or grease my scalp, but if and when I do, I part my hair with my fingers and apply the product to my scalp in sections.

Another way to do it is just put the product on your fingertips and then massage it liberally all over your scalp (when you're in a hurry).

I part my hair in the middle and divide my hair into 2 sections. I use a dime size amount of oil/grease on my fingertip and then I apply it to the part made in the middle. After that I start off with one of the sections an inch away from the middle part, parting vertically from top to bottom. Then I apply the oil/ grease to my scalp from top to bottom and then I continue to part my hair from top to bottom and grease my scalp until one side (section) is completed. After that I repeat everything that I do to the first side (section) to the other side until I complete my entire head. I massage the oil/grease in my scalp after I am finish oiling my entire head. Sometimes I use a paddle brush and brush my hair so that the oil distributes properly to the ends and on my scalp and in the meantime giving my scalp a nice massage.

I hope it's not too detailed for you. I like to do everything in details.:lol:

BAILEYSCREAM said:
I don't usually oil or grease my scalp, but if and when I do, I part my hair with my fingers and apply the product to my scalp in sections.

This is the exact same way the I do it. :)

When I grease my scalp, I usually part down the middle (forehead to nape), apply a little bit of grease from forehead to nape. Then I make parts on the right side of my head (from front of middle part down to the side working towards the back of my head) and add a little grease to each part. Then I start on the left side (same as right side). Afterwards I brush my hair. HTH

When I grease my scalp I part and just apply the grease. But some people say that you should not put anything on your scalp.

I usually oil my scalp after rollersetting so the parts are already in. I don't use a set amount, I just dip my fingertips in lightly and apply along the parts. When I'm done lightly I lightly massage my scalp to distribute to the places I didn't reach.

BAILEYSCREAM said:
This is what I do as well

I like to oil my hair scalp and then put a showercap over it before going to bed sometimes. I use an old squirt bottle to get in all the spots... really easy.

locabouthair said:
When I grease my scalp I part and just apply the grease. But some people say that you should not put anything on your scalp.
I've heard that too, but in order for me to keep my NG soft & healthy I need to lightly oil/grease it. I just think you should wash it out more often than every other week or your scalp will sufficate with oll the products building up. I wash every two to three days so I haven't had any bad reactions... :ohwell:

My scalp is in much better condition if I grease it, and so is my hair. My hair really thrives from it. I part my hair in 4 sections, and part small horizontal pieces out (like applying relaxer cream) and apply the grease to my scalp straight from the jar. I just slather it on so it covers my new growth. I grease up 2-3 times a week, depending on how thick it is. Right now I'm using BB Super Gro Extra Lite, so I have to grease more often than with Sulfur 8 or Allways Super Gro. :)

Back