How to put your hair in a puff tutorial

PaperClip

Helpful tutorial.... She has pretty hair.

What is the purpose of the Hair Polisher? She didn't really explain that....

glamazon386

Helpful tutorial.... She has pretty hair.

What is the purpose of the Hair Polisher? She didn't really explain that....

It's a gel RR. I makes your hair look the same way dry that it does when it's wet.

ETA: I just watched the video, and I realized you were talking about the serum. It just makes your hair shiny and keeps the frizz away. She actually says that when she holds it up to the camera. It has cones in it though. I only use the serum when my hair is straight. I have the clear one and the pink one.

I wonder how long it takes her to do that to her whole head? I wouldn't be able to do that everyday. I like her hair though. Does anybody know if she's a member here or on NP?

Last edited:

PuffyBrown

Dang she has some serious natural hair. I would love to see it straight. You can tell that her hair is SUPER soft.
Did you see how it was bouncing, even more so after she put the gel in. Um....that makes me wanna go natural. I am saving this flick...thanks!

PaperClip

It's a gel RR. I makes your hair look the same way dry that it does when it's wet.

ETA: I just watched the video, and I realized you were talking about the serum. It just makes your hair shiny and keeps the frizz away. She actually says that when she holds it up to the camera. It has cones in it though. I only use the serum when my hair is straight. I have the clear one and the pink one.

I wonder how long it takes her to do that to her whole head? I wouldn't be able to do that everyday. I like her hair though. Does anybody know if she's a member here or on NP?

Yes, you're right, Bmore.... Thanks a bunch!

nakialovesshoes

Bless your heart for posting this! I've been begging some of the queen of puffs on fotki to do a tutorial for a natural style challenged person such as myself. You really helped a sis out! :grin: Thanks...

PaperClip

I posted my question about the serum to her YouTube account and she responded very promptly:

RR: "Hello. You have nice hair and thanks for the tutorial. Question: what's the purpose of the IC Hair Polisher? Thanks."

ladykpnyc: "Thanks! I use it to add shine and prevent frizz, however you can omit it from the process if you like.

Like Bmore said....:grin:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
She has pretty hair and I did learn from her videos some stuff I'ma try for my mothers hair.

I watched her shingling method and was like, it would take me YEARS to finish my hair with her method, so then I watched the first part of her vid and at 1:00 she mentions how she deep conditions twice a week before she gets her roots touched up.

I'm thinking she may have some type of texlax/texturizer.

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

She has pretty hair and I did learn from her videos some stuff I'ma try for my mothers hair.

I watched her shingling method and was like, it would take me YEARS to finish my hair with her method, so then I watched the first part of her vid and at 1:00 she mentions how she deep conditions twice a week before she gets her roots touched up.

I'm thinking she may have some type of texlax/texturizer.
I'm an idiot. Iwas thinking she meant a touch up of color. :wallbash:

glamazon386

I thought she was talking about color too. My hair will do the same thing with the Fantasia gel and a comb. :ohwell: If you watch one of her other videos she talks about how she became natural. She's natural.

PaperClip

I thought she meant color, too.... But in all fairness, I don't know if she's specific in classifying herself as natural (chemical-free). But her videos have the keyword "natural"....

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Here is what I asked her: Me likey :) Do you do this everyday? Are you finding that the denman is thinning your hair out if you do use this method on a regular basis?

Her response:When my hair is not in a protective style (twists, braids, cornrows) I usually do this every other week. And I ususally use my wide tooth comb to detangle, so the brush doesn't have to contend with a lot of snags.

This confirms for me that she is a member of somebodys hair board. Girl if you are lurking here come on out :yep::yep::grin:

glamazon386

Here is what I asked her: Me likey :) Do you do this everyday? Are you finding that the denman is thinning your hair out if you do use this method on a regular basis?

Her response:When my hair is not in a protective style (twists, braids, cornrows) I usually do this every other week. And I ususally use my wide tooth comb to detangle, so the brush doesn't have to contend with a lot of snags.

This confirms for me that she is a member of somebodys hair board. Girl if you are lurking here come on out :yep::yep::grin:

I noticed that too. She uses a lot of hair board terminology as well as her products. She mentioned NP in that one video about how she became natural. She might be a member here too but she doesn't post on either one.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

She's a natchal yall :grin: I just had to find out. She was talking about coloring her roots in one of the vids, not touching up with chemicals.

kweenameena

You're welcome everyone!! Her hair reminds me of my own which is why I liked her first two videos. She has a very likeable personality also!!! I def. believe she's a member of a hair board.:yep:

Maynard

Bre, I am mad that you wrote "natchal" when you asked her that question....You are so dang on funny!

Jetblackhair

Great how to videos, thanks for posting! The young lady in the videos is so sweet.

I liked when she said she loves her hair, that was cute.