How to stop obbessing!

beautyintheyes

How to stop obsessing

Hello ima newbie but I've been stalking this place for a while now and since then I've became a pj lol. I was tricked into chopping off my hair after dying it to much but now I love takin care of my hair. first I didn't worry about it growing but now I'm at that stagnant point it's been in for years just touching SL. So I'm worried if even after I bc that it still won't grow

Last edited:
I see you say your a newbie and I see your join date is just this month. So first I wanna say HI!! and welcome to the board!

Everybody seems to have a big problem with people being PJs, but personally I dont see the problem. I think everybody should go through their PJ stage. Its what helped me learn what products my hair did and didnt like. It helped me find my staples. Even though you may not see as much retention by being a PJ, everybody has to go through the learning stage. I've been here for 2 years and I'm still learning. So its going to take time.

Plus products are not everything when it comes to retaining length. Baby your hair and protective style it and the right products will come later. And to make you feel better about the long waiting process go check out some of the other forums (nail, health, fashion) and go be obsessed about something else for a little while. But I still think there is absoultely NOTHING wrong with being obsessed with your hair (especially in the first year). There is nothing wrong with being addicted to yourself.

Omg that was the best thing you could have said I never thought about ps being the first thing or looking at other forums! I know it's just hair but it's so much more it's your glory! Quote on quote from my Grama lol

Welcome to the forum! When I first started my transition I didn't think about it growing either. At the one year mark I BCed to SL and had the same fears as you OP. All of a sudden I thought 'what if my hair doesn't grow past SL?'. My relaxed hair was always within an inch of SL. My fears went away when I started PSing and not length checking as much.

Also, SL to APL is a long stretch for a lot of people and it can feel like you're stuck there forever when your hair is growing and retaining.

Welcome!

if you are like me, the Pjism will never stop. that's just my thing about beauty and hair. but the obession will stop once you find your grove. once you figure out what products and methods will work for you hair, it will be smooth sailing.

Back