How you gonna act like you don’t know what I’m saying...

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I watched a pastor preach on tv yesterday, and he discussed the lifestyle changes Christians must make. He made a comparison of how some people followed the wrong crowd before they were saved; and now that they’re Christians, they should now follow the crowd that's following Christ. He drew a reference as to when people used to go clubs on the weekends and now they attend church services and functions for biblical instruction and Christian fellowship.

Well, he wasn’t getting enough amens from his congregation as he expected. That’s when he flipped out and read his congregation from top to bottom. He said (paraphrasing) “Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. All yall wasn’t saved all your life. Yall did some stuff you ain’t proud of.

He then rattled off a list of the ususal party drinks, party times, party outfits, party routines, club names, after parties, etc. He continued and said, and I quote, How you gonna act like you don’t know what I’m saying when some yall were in the car with me?

:lol: :rofl: That’s when I lost it. :lol: The way he said nearly made me choke. :lachen:

---

Hey, it happens in the quest to be like Christ. Some Christians forget God’s deliverance in their own lives. While keeping up appearances, they can’t or won’t minister effectively to what the unsaved or new Christians are going through. God didn’t deliver his people just so they can wear badges of honor and toot their own horn. He wants his people to be compassionate while showing others His way. God delivers, restores, and uses many for His purpose so they can minister to others who still struggle.

Yes storms are hard to go through. But after God's blessing, healing, restoration, and/or revelation, there’s much spiritual knowledge and wisdom to be gained and shared. Plus, He gets the glory after everything is said and done.

:)

Honeyhips

Lovely
victorious said:
How you gonna act like you don’t know what I’m saying when some yall were in the car with me?

:lol: :rofl: That’s when I lost it. :lol: The way he said nearly made me choke. :lachen:

I would've too.

LondonDiva

victorious said:

He then rattled off a list of the ususal party drinks, party times, party outfits, party routines, club names, after parties, etc. He continued and said, and I quote, How you gonna act like you don’t know what I’m saying when some yall were in the car with me?

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

He wasn't getting enough amens, cause probably half the congregation was at the club the previous night.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
victorious said:
I watched a pastor preach on tv yesterday, and he discussed the lifestyle changes Christians must make. He made a comparison of how some people followed the wrong crowd before they were saved; and now that they’re Christians, they should now follow the crowd that's following Christ. He drew a reference as to when people used to go clubs on the weekends and now they attend church services and functions for biblical instruction and Christian fellowship.

Well, he wasn’t getting enough amens from his congregation as he expected. That’s when he flipped out and read his congregation from top to bottom. He said (paraphrasing) “Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. All yall wasn’t saved all your life. Yall did some stuff you ain’t proud of.

---

Hey, it happens in the quest to be like Christ. Some Christians forget God’s deliverance in their own lives. While keeping up appearances, they can’t or won’t minister effectively to what the unsaved or new Christians are going through. God didn’t deliver his people just so they can wear badges of honor and toot their own horn. He wants his people to be compassionate while showing others His way. God delivers, restores, and uses many for His purpose so they can minister to others who still struggle.

Yes storms are hard to go through. But after God's blessing, healing, restoration, and/or revelation, there’s much spiritual knowledge and wisdom to be gained and shared. Plus, He gets the glory after everything is said and done.

:)

...and let the church say "AMEN"!!!