I almost BC

PinkPeony

I almost BC
I don't know what came over me but I'm addicted to my ng and about 9-10 weeks post without fail I start contemplating a transition.
Well 2 nights ago I almost BC out of nowwhere,I was standing there with scissors in my hand and playing with my ng.
I'm really scared actually b/c even though I want to be natural one day(emphasis on one day)I want to reach my relaxed length goals first besides that I'm afraid of being able to handle my hair.
I always thought I would be one of these ppl that transition forever b/c I DO NOT like short hair on me.
I don't know what has come over me and it actually scares me a lil' bit.

On a good note for the first time I can see myself though with a twa that's not all that teeny:look: or natural hairstyles like twists.
Sigh I just needed to vent and no I'm still not planning on transition even if there is something inside of me that is trying to push me to the other side.

PinkPeony

Step into the light Carol-Ann. You know you want to join us naturals. :grin:
I'm not ready:drunk:
But seriously lately I have thoughts like... if I start my transition now I could have nice natural hair by 2010 when I visit Germany.
Then there is a part of me that thinks that a twa would be so low-maintenance right now but mostly I don't feel I'am ready,I'm scared and what about my relaxed hairgoals lol??
Seriously... I don't think I'm ready this whole BC out of nowwhere thing scared me something crazy

vestaluv1

I almost BC
I want to be natural one day(emphasis on one day)I want to reach my relaxed length goals first

On a good note for the first time I can see myself though with a twa that's not all that teeny:look: or natural hairstyles like twists.

So why dont you transition if you really want to be natural. It willl take time, so why put it on hold.

Radianthealth

Good Luck whatever you decide Ellla!

I think your hair would be similar to Lauren450s if you went natural. She looks great with relaxed long hair or shorter natural hair and I know you will look great too!:grin:

PinkPeony

Oh man! u sound exactly like me when I was 20 weeks post :yep:
Awww yeah stretching will do this too you:yep:

vestaluv good question I'd like to see me reach at least BSL first but I don't know for now I'm not relaxing for another few weeks maybe months

Thx Radiant,Lauren is one of my inspirations relaxed or natural

Lynnerie

Hi Ella! I just stalked your fotki and you have beautiful new growth I think you should transition. You already know you can have healthy relaxed hair. Think of it this way, your natural hair will be longer if you start now than later plus you're going to feel the same way everytime you stretch.

Kurly K

I was transitioning and i decided to BC after 6 months and I feel so free and I love the feeling of being natural. I had never had short hair before and I love the change but I def say don't do it unless u r 100% sure....go ahead and join us naturals u will love it!

KiniKakes

Wow.... so u actually stood there, scissors in hand, eh? Thats pretty darn close!!! :yep:

I think if/when i ever decide to go natural, i'll probably wait for a few good inches of NG as well before BC'ing. Im a bit afraid of a TWA on me.

Anyhoo, good luck with whatever u decide! :spinning:

PinkPeony

Awww thx ladies.
clueless that's what I'm thinking and thank you and Inersoul for the compliments on my coils

kieva I'm a bit afraid of the TWA though like Kini I'd probably wait till I have a bit more hair
Yes kini lol that was a bit scary and came out of nowwhere

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I am just loving your new growth and coils and curls... (I was just checkin out your fotki!:sekret:)

OK ... I had to go check out her Fotki because of this comment.

Ella, your coils are adorable ... and your pics are very clear too. I especially like the lone pic of your little 4a coil. I was like awwwwwww.

InnerSoul

I was transitioning and i decided to BC after 6 months and I feel so free and I love the feeling of being natural. I had never had short hair before and I love the change but I def say don't do it unless u r 100% sure....go ahead and join us naturals u will love it!

it is a very invigorating and liberating feeling.. I have to agree with you!

Monigirl

I almost BC
I don't know what came over me but I'm addicted to my ng and about 9-10 weeks post without fail I start contemplating a transition.
Well 2 nights ago I almost BC out of nowwhere,I was standing there with scissors in my hand and playing with my ng.
I'm really scared actually b/c even though I want to be natural one day(emphasis on one day)I want to reach my relaxed length goals first besides that I'm afraid of being able to handle my hair.
I always thought I would be one of these ppl that transition forever b/c I DO NOT like short hair on me.
I don't know what has come over me and it actually scares me a lil' bit.

Sigh I just needed to vent and no I'm still not planning on transition even if there is something inside of me that is trying to push me to the other side.

Wow!! I call that the cut bug. :grin:
Oh my goodness....Same thing happened to me last August but I gave in and cut away.:drunk: LOL!!! I rocked a twa for 2 weeks and gave in to the white creamy hair crack again.:ohwell: I kinda wish I would of stuck it out. :spinning: But then again I wasn't ready. I know there will be a next time. Until then I have the same goal like you. On a mission to reach relax hair goal first then transition.

Extremus

Awww yeah stretching will do this too you:yep:

Yes, it will!! :yep::yep::yep:

I cut some of my relaxed hair off just to see my natural hair w/o the relaxed ends weighing it down. I swear I wanted to keep cutting. :look: I took lots of pics of my texture too, but only put a few in my fotki. I was excited.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Ella, when and if you get ready to cut off your relaxed hair, I'm sure it will be very pretty! I took a look at your coils and they were very cute like other posters said :)

Plus, your hair will grow like a weed when it's natural :yep:

You have no idea how liberating it is to be natural... :grin: No more worries...
"Step into the light..."

Ella, Im sure you would be gorgeous,, natural... I think I somehow knew how you felt when you stood there in the mirror... I straighten my humungous frizzy hair all the time and it is natural but noone knows because noone ever sees it curly and I sometimes wish so deepy i had the nerve to just be me! ( sometimes i get terrible urges to SHAVE my head too LOL) Anyway, so many ladies on her are going natural , so you would have so much support here and you might feel really liberated! Think about it :grin:

PinkPeony

Thx for all the support ladies I really appreciate it and thx for all the comments in my fotky I'll respond once I got a quiet moment.
Currently I have two transition buddies even though I'm not officially transitioning:look:

E-Williams I'd love to see more pics of your natural texture in your fotki:yep:

Awww Raven just show your curls I bet ppl would appreciate them:yep:

hopeful

Thx for all the support ladies I really appreciate it and thx for all the comments in my fotky I'll respond once I got a quiet moment.
Currently I have two transition buddies even though I'm not officially transitioning:look:

E-Williams I'd love to see more pics of your natural texture in your fotki:yep:

Awww Raven just show your curls I bet ppl would appreciate them:yep:

:lol: @ the bolded part. The whole thread is too cute. I bet you'll be ready to transition or even bc sooner than you think:yep:.