I AM COMPLETELY CONFUSED.....HAIR TYPE

Mandy4610

In the last few months I believed that I have type 4b hair. I am not sure anymore. I can not figure out what my hair type is. Please help. TIA

This pic is with damp hair without any products at all
DSC01952-1.jpg

This one is with damp hair also, but with kiny curly leave-in and curling custard

DSC01947-2.jpg

Sorry about the size of the pic. I wanted the images to be clear.

Yay! We're hair twins :)

It's like having hair that's loose for a 4a, but tight for a 3c. Looks like a type 4, but can act like a type 3 too.

My hair is nappy as heck, but can "clump up' like a 3 and be curlier than the average 4a. It tends to grow down AND out instead of just out.

I just say 4a or 4a/3c.

btw... I think it's beautiful and I hope I get to see it when it grows out :yep:

Last edited:
Hmm, it looks like you have 4a/4b hair. There's one little patch that I may be guess as either 4a or even 3c? Hopefully somene else will step in to help.

ETA: Someone did. Actually I may be a hair twin too, lol!

In the last few months I believed that I have type 4b hair. I am not sure anymore. I can not figure out what my hair type is. Please help. TIA

This pic is with damp hair without any products at all

This one is with damp hair also, but with kiny curly leave-in and curling custard

Sorry about the size of the pic. I wanted the images to be clear.

Chile, I don't even get into the hair typing thing because it doesn't make sense to me...

But I wanted to tell you that your hair type is BEAUTIFUL!:yep: (That's with a capital B) :lachen:

Chile, I don't even get into the hair typing thing because it doesn't make sense to me...

But I wanted to tell you that your hair type is BEAUTIFUL!:yep: (That's with a capital B) :lachen:

ITA.... it seems we get wrapped up in finding our type (me too). I'm more focused on the healthiness. I'm guessing the hair type is trying to figure out what products works best for the texture of our hair. In any event all I see is BEAUTIFULNESS :yep:

My guess is 4a. That's a guess. I don't get the hair typing thing anymore. But I understand wanting to know.

Hair typing isn't anything even remotely exact, but it's a good point of reference imo. Just as long as ppl don't take it too seriously, I think it can be a good tool for comparison's sake. I like to look through other people's fotki's who have hair types similar to mine, because I am still working on my staple products and regimen, so I perk up when I see that 3C in the siggy :yep:

That said, looks like 4a ish to me. Think of 3c in the area of Rachel True's hair and 4b, like Erykah Badu.

Yay! We're hair twins :)

It's like having hair that's loose for a 4a, but tight for a 3c. Looks like a type 4, but can act like a type 3 too.

My hair is nappy as heck, but can "clump up' like a 3 and be curlier than the average 4a. It tends to grow down AND out instead of just out.

I just say 4a or 4a/3c.

btw... I think it's beautiful and I hope I get to see it when it grows out :yep:

ITA.... it seems we get wrapped up in finding our type (me too). I'm more focused on the healthiness. I'm guessing the hair type is trying to figure out what products works best for the texture of our hair. In any event all I see is BEAUTIFULNESS :yep:
Thank you much for the compliments ladies!!!

Thanks everyone. I really only want to know so that I can find other with the same type, then I can figure out which products are best for my hair type.

Thanks

up close it looks like 4a/3c, but far away it looks like 4a. i know it aint like mine (mostly 4b) cause the kinks are looser

Back