I AM GOING TO FRANCE...What to do with my hair?

Mandy4610

Hey ladies, I am going to France in about a weeks time. I will be there for about a month and I will be in a very small town. Any ideas of what I can do with my hair before I go and while I am there?
Anything that has to do with fake hair is out of the question unfortunately, I just don't like fake hair of any sort on me and DH dislikes it even more.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Well since you dont wanna add weave can you do some twist in your own hair? You dont wanna wear your own hair out?
I was going to say get kinky twist with weave.....

Dak

I was in the south of France last July, it was beautiful! How do you usually style? Be sure & got a good voltage switcher if you plan on using anything electrical bring your own products.

La Colocha

I agree with the other ladies wear twists with your own hair. And bring your products. Have a good time in france, i bet its a beautiful place.

Mandy4610

I was in the south of France last July, it was beautiful! How do you usually style? Be sure & got a good voltage switcher if you plan on using anything electrical bring your own products.

I agree with the other ladies wear twists with your own hair. And bring your products. Have a good time in France, i bet its a beautiful place.
Thanks ladies. I will be working most of the time, but I might be able to go sightseeing with some people from work.

Ciacia

Well I am French and all that I can say is bring your own products, and devices if any (with an adaptor obviously).
You do not need to change your routine unless it includes some salon visits
if you are a DIYer you should be more than fine !! :)

Mandy4610

Well I am French and all that I can say is bring your own products, and devices if any (with an adaptor obviously).
You do not need to change your routine unless it includes some salon visits
if you are a DIYer you should be more than fine !! :)
Thank you. I am natural and a DIYer, I do plan on bringing my own products and tool. I wonder how wearing a puff would be out there. Someone on another board said I could try more conservative styles, does that mean that a fro or puff might get me one of these :look:? Please enlighten me.

Thanks again.

Ciacia

we have lots of natural people in France too wearing afros, puffs, etc.....
I do not think that we are more conservative when it comes to hairstyles, I use to belong to a natural hair board for naturals 5i tried to go natural 5 years ago) and none of the girls had problems
I would say that most of the time, comments come from other black people who are not natural (this is just my opinion I may be wrong)
Don' t worry just rock your hair the way you want, and you can be an inspiration to many women there !

nubinikki

I lived in southern France for a year and was happy to discover that I didn't need to change my hair routine. The weather was similar to southern Cali (where I live) and I was able to find the hair products for our kind of hair. I don't know where you'll be in France, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. While I was there I mostly wore my hair in a bun. Sometimes I did 2-strand twists and once I added braid extensions. Hope that helps! :)

Mandy4610

I think I might get some good old boring cornrows and then figer it out from there. I don't know. Will see what my pocket allows...definitely no extra hair though.