I AM LOVING MSM CREAM ON MY HAIR!

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by recherche, May 7, 2004.

1. recherche

recherche Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!

Hi ladies
    I bought msm cream from vitamin world. I know it is meant for the skin, but the ingredients on the container looked so good, so I couldn't resist putting it in my hair.
    Some of the ingredients are as follows:
    water, msm, stearic acid, glycerin, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, panthenol, hydrolyzed collagen, korean ginseng, cholecalciferol, rosemary oil, essential oil blend, aloe vera gel....and other stuff I don't feel like typing, but you get the idea. This cream really moisturized my hair and had it so soft and my waves were a bit looser. I'm going to start putting it on my scalp and see what happens. Has anyone else tried this, or am I late? I know I saw a post where someone took msm powder and boiled it.

2. simplycee

simplycee Sweetest Taboo

Wow an cream , huh? I put msm in my spray bottle with my distilled water mixture. I am interested in this cream. How much did it cost and what size did it come in?

3. Isis

Isis New Member

Very interesting. I saw that MSM cream also at Vitamin World and wondered how it would do on my hair. How much MSM is in a regular application for the skin, does it say?

4. recherche

recherche Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!

The cream was $10 dollars, but i think they had a sale buy two get one free. It doesn't say how much is in a regular application for the skin. It says, "as required". Great minds think alike Isis [​IMG]

5. SagaGirl

SagaGirl Member

[​IMG] I use MSM cream on my scalp. Sometimes I add essential oils to it. My cream doesn't have all those ingredients though, it's just a basic MSM cream.

6. Isis

Isis New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    saddity1 said:
    The cream was $10 dollars, but i think they had a sale buy two get one free. It doesn't say how much is in a regular application for the skin. It says, "as required". Great minds think alike Isis [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Saddity1. I may check that one out!

7. Isis

Isis New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SagaGirl said:
    [​IMG] I use MSM cream on my scalp. Sometimes I add essential oils to it. My cream doesn't have all those ingredients though, it's just a basic MSM cream.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What has this cream done for you SagaGirl? What kind of improvements have you experienced?

8. happylocks

happylocks New Member

thats great, Not too expensive either, I put MSM in my spary bottle it was flaky, or grains comeing out of my hair and on my fore head, like salt or something, it does crystalize(sp) I belive

9. Valerie

Valerie Well-Known Member

I also use MSM in my spray bottle. I will go and have at look at the MSM cream present in the health shop.

10. GoingBack

GoingBack Well-Known Member

How did you use the MSM cream? On wet or dry hair?

11. love2praz

love2praz New Member

Hmmmm....I always wondered about this as well! What are some of the positive changes you are noticing with your hair?

12. tasha

tasha Member

[ QUOTE ]
    saddity1 said:
    Hi ladies
    I bought msm cream from vitamin world. I know it is meant for the skin, but the ingredients on the container looked so good, so I couldn't resist putting it in my hair.
    Some of the ingredients are as follows:
    water, msm, stearic acid, glycerin, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, panthenol, hydrolyzed collagen, korean ginseng, cholecalciferol, rosemary oil, essential oil blend, aloe vera gel....and other stuff I don't feel like typing, but you get the idea. This cream really moisturized my hair and had it so soft and my waves were a bit looser. I'm going to start putting it on my scalp and see what happens. Has anyone else tried this, or am I late? I know I saw a post where someone took msm powder and boiled it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I had purchased this to put in my hair, but I haven't yet. Your post has inspired me. I will go and use it tonight [​IMG]

13. SagaGirl

SagaGirl Member

Hi Isis,

The cream isn't doing anything miraculous. It just provides moisture. In the past I wouldn't put anything on my scalp because I didn't like heaviness or dirtiness that I get from grease or oil. My problem was DRY scalp. Even when I used just natural oil, maybe 1-2 times a month, I felt the need to wash it out. The lotion gives me moisture without any problems. It is also soothing when I first put it on. I just thought to use it because the first 3 ingredients are water, aloe and jojoba. I also figured that the MSM MIGHT help my hair grow or increase the follicle life over time, if it did anything at all.

14. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

Those ingredients look really good, I might try this product out. Thanks for posting. :)

15. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Bump

How is this working?

16. Brooke007

Brooke007 Member, Dumbledore's Army

I have the MSM lotion, larger bottle (just contains more water IMO). I haven't used it on my scalp/hair regularly enough to notice any difference, I was thinking I'd make a MSM spray (just MSM dissolved in water and use nightly), I figure my skin will absorb a small amount of the MSM and hey it can't hurt.

17. JunMom2Be

JunMom2Be Well-Known Member

OMG, This is my facial moisturizer [​IMG] I LOVE it although its kinda stinky, it also contains sunscreen