I big chopped!!!

rainbowknots

That's right...I'm a hundred percent natural as of 12/28/11 :dance7:

I started my transition back in march after a terrible relaxer job. I severely underprocessed about 2 inches of hair, which caused me to have a lot of breakage. I decided to give up relaxers and threw my hair into single braids, no hair added.

I intended on transitioning for at least a year, maybe longer. I washed and cowashed my hair while they were in braids. Once a month I would redo my whole head, taking down and rebraiding each braid one by one. The process would take up my whole weekend. Over the Thanksgiving weekend I was going through the same process and just got fed up with the whole thing. I got tired of wasting time, energy, and precious product on hair that I was going to chop off anyway. I left those braids up until the 28th of December and finally took the scissors to my head.

For some reason I wanted to take down all of my braids before I chopped, but about two-thirds of the way in I decided to just chop the braids. Here are a couple of length checks before I snipped.

Here's what I chopped off. All of the fuzzies is my texlaxed hair. I tried my best not to chop off my natural hair although it was hard to tell the difference sometimes

I wash and DC'd then tried to cut of more of the texlaxed ends. Here are some length checks afterwards

Lastly, I threw my hair in some twists. This is my very first set and I'm pleased, although I hope to get much better

I was a few days short of being 10 months post. I don't regret chopping early, but I'm happy I waited as long as I did. I don't think I would've liked it as much if it was any shorter than it already is. I sent pictures to my mom and then called her on the phone. She said she'd take a look at them, then call me right back if she hated it. The phone rang in less than a minute :lachen:. She was so stunned. I still like it though and I'm looking forward to getting to know my hair. Thanks for stopping by, and HHJ to all :)

MsChelle

Congratulations! Have fun playing around with all the new styles!

Thoughts by me.....Typos by my HTC Thunderbolt

reeko43

Way to go! I know you are glad to get that over with and start off with all your natural glory :)

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Congrats! I love your twists and that you're already styling your natural hair. It took me so long to get styles right. HHG!

LilMissSunshine5

:congrats: Go ahead now! Your twists are GORGEOUS! I have been natural for 7 months and can't flat twist like that SMH Great job! Welcome to the natural side :yay: