And...after 21 Months...i Big Chopped!! Pics!

tasha5951

Hey All,11892180_1014353048608757_5537944818724794830_n.jpg 11998832_1022498814460847_3513197854054004188_n.jpg IMG_2775.JPG

So, I finally did it! After a 21 Month transition, I big chopped. I had made a consultation appointment for last Saturday to talk to a stylist about scheduling my big chop...etc, BUT, Friday night, after I washed my hair, I just decided to go for it! So, my boyfriend and I cut the last few inches (5 or so) of my relaxer off!! I LOVE it!! I still scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday because I still have some uneven parts and straggly ends that need to be chopped and I'm going to get Two Strand twists done. I'm working on learning all about my "new hair" so, I included a picture of my first attempt at a twist out. I twisted yesterday afternoon and wore the twist out for work today. :)

The first pic is my Before...the 2nd is showing how long my stretched hair is after I cut it and the 3rd is the twist out I did today :)

tasha5951

Congrats! ! You have an awesome length to do great hairstyles. Do u have a reggie yet?
I'm still working on one...I already knew that my hair liked coconut oil...For my twist out, I did Kimmaytube's Leave In conditioner mix on soaking wet hair with Kinky Curly Knot Today as the base...then, after I let my hair air dry to damp, I applied SheaMoisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie then Eco Styler Gel for Hold and Twisted :) This left my hair SUPER moisturized! I sometimes have to moisturize in the AM and PM but so far, I haven't had to do anything to it in 2 days!

I tried making Flaxseed Gel but the consistency did NOT come out right...I'll try again when I have time :)

tasha5951

WOW!!! Awesome!! Way to go! :yay: That's a lot of progress. Congratulations!

Don't you just feel so FREE?? :grin: :grin:

At first, it was an ADJUSTMENT! My hair hasn't been 100% natural since I was 7!! LOL!! And I'm using to seeing myself with long straight hair...but now..I'm starting to LOVE it!! :)

halfindian

Congr
Hey All,View attachment 337159 View attachment 337161 View attachment 337163

So, I finally did it! After a 21 Month transition, I big chopped. I had made a consultation appointment for last Saturday to talk to a stylist about scheduling my big chop...etc, BUT, Friday night, after I washed my hair, I just decided to go for it! So, my boyfriend and I cut the last few inches (5 or so) of my relaxer off!! I LOVE it!! I still scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday because I still have some uneven parts and straggly ends that need to be chopped and I'm going to get Two Strand twists done. I'm working on learning all about my "new hair" so, I included a picture of my first attempt at a twist out. I twisted yesterday afternoon and wore the twist out for work today. :)

The first pic is my Before...the 2nd is showing how long my stretched hair is after I cut it and the 3rd is the twist out I did today :)

Congratulation!!!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm still working on one...I already knew that my hair liked coconut oil...For my twist out, I did Kimmaytube's Leave In conditioner mix on soaking wet hair with Kinky Curly Knot Today as the base...then, after I let my hair air dry to damp, I applied SheaMoisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie then Eco Styler Gel for Hold and Twisted :) This left my hair SUPER moisturized! I sometimes have to moisturize in the AM and PM but so far, I haven't had to do anything to it in 2 days!

I tried making Flaxseed Gel but the consistency did NOT come out right...I'll try again when I have time :)

I use naptural85's recipe for FSG. The key to making good flaxseed gel is cooking it long enough, w/o burning, to create a thick consistency and also having a good strainer.

tasha5951

I use naptural85's recipe for FSG. The key to making good flaxseed gel is cooking it long enough, w/o burning, to create a thick consistency and also having a good strainer.
I think the strainer was the problem...I didn't have one so I used the strainer bag that my boyfriend uses for his cold brew coffee which would've worked if I had remembered to pre-wet the bag :(

Last edited: