I Bought 3 Diff Moisturizers this past week...

JenJen2721

The last time I went to my hairdresser, she told me to start using a good daily moisturizer. When I asked her what she recommended she said try Optimum Care moisturizers, well when I got to the store and read the ingredients, most of them list mineral oil as one of the first ones, so I decided against the Optimum Care.

I decided to purchase the ORS Carrot Oil....it was ok, but made my hair a little stiff.
Then I tried John Frieda Moisture Remedy Balm...didn't do much at all.
Finally I tried Profectiv Healthy Ends...perfect!!! It gives my hair a lot of moisture and shine, and works very well as a heat protectant. My hair usually sucks up moisture like a straw especially w/this winter weather, but this stuff did WELL!

Has anyone else tried this product w/good results???? And does anyone else go through this much drama just to find a good product? I called myself trying to save money in buying less expensive items, but ended up spending more!/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Allandra

I've heard a lot of good things about Profectiv Healthy Ends. Is this a heavy or light moisturizer? What type of scent does it have?

LondonDiva

I can recommend a tip for the 'dry' feeling with the ORS Carrot Oil. Add about 10-20 drops of WGO to the Carrot Oil stir it up and it works great. Beana can vouch for this too, so I know it's not just me that thinks so.

JenJen2721

It's kind of in between..I would say more on the heavy side, because you only need to use a small amount. It's very creamy and it has sort of a very light peach scent.

Allandra

Thanks JenJen2721. Sounds yummy. The next time I go to the beauty supply store, I'll have to open it up and 'put my fingerprint on top'. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JenJen2721

LD,
I just love your dancers, but would Extra Virgin Olive Oil work instead of the WGO? Otherwise, I'll have to try that trick next payday.
Thanks!
Jen

LondonDiva

Thanks JenJen i get them from http://www.uselessgraphics.com

Yes the olive oil will work with the ORS Carrot Oil. WGO is very concentrated and a small amount works wonders, that's why I recommended it, plus a lot of the ladies on here have it, I just assumed you did too.

Add a tablespoon at a time stir it up and test a lil amount of the mixture between your fingers until you get the perfect consistency. It turns it into a completely different product for me. I had the same dry feeling when I used the carrot oil on my hair for the first time.

I just bought the Healthy Ends today..I swear by this stuff.. I have been doing the wash and ponytail routine for the past two months..I put the healthy ends on the ends of my hair.. it makes them soft and shiny.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ShandaMichelle

beana3

Londondiva's tip is great!!! It gives me lots of shine and the ORS is a good moisture base. I liked the ors on its own, but after a while it would be "stiff". The WGO makes it melt into the hair, very nice.