I Can't Pray?

HeChangedMyName

I got this email today

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:
'Let me see if I've got this right.
'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.
'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride...
'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.
'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.
'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.
'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.
'You want me to do all this and then you tell me .... I CAN'T PRAY?

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Beautiful .. That's exactly what's wrong w / the school system.. God isn't allowed on campus.. *SMH*
America is in the middle of a rude awakening.. Abba Father

HeChangedMyName

Beautiful .. That's exactly what's wrong w / the school system.. God isn't allowed on campus.. *SMH*
America is in the middle of a rude awakening.. Abba Father

Yes, the school system has been really jacked up. BUT I was thinking about this. Back when the administration first started removing God from the school system. . . .it was a farce, a sham, a set up from the devil.

GOD CAN'T BE REMOVED!!!!

Just because his name isn't on the wall, and the kids can't refer to him verbally, doesn't really mean anything.

I think as Christians, we fell in our faith when that happened. Our kids can still bow their heads and bless their foods. We can still pray God's protection over our children while they are at school, and even pray for the teachers who are teaching our kids.

I think this whole thing was just a test that God gave us to see how we'd react if we couldn't see him and hear him.

Nothing has changed. except the pledge of allegience isn't recited and Bibles aren't available in the schools, BUT if we train up our kids right, then the Word is right their alive in them and they are suffient.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I LOVE Your Psst, "HeChangedMyName'. I used to teach and thank God it was in a Christian school. Thank God, for my little babies loved to pray and they were not only so adorable, but 'on fire' for Jesus! And these were baby 4 year olds (Pre -K).

This no prayer in schools is sick. It's satan's strategy to raise up a generation without the full knowledge or awareness or the consciousness of God. Instead of our children learning God's rules and His law and His love, satan is out to be 'their' god.

Already our children are being 'mind primed' with the mindset of what's wrong is now right. Folks are so 'silly' these days with the acceptance of ungodly ways. Just plain silly. :spinning:

The psychologist are now 'god' with all of the answers to our children's ails. :rolleyes: And yet, it just gets worse. Don't they yet have a clue? That's it's God and only God who knows just want to do. All He ever asked us to do is "Follow Him"... that's all. "Follow Him", who will lead and guide us away from all sin and from the ills of this world.

All one has to do is read the 'Word'... in the OLd Testament, they will see how each time the children of Isreal 'left' God and turned to other gods, the plagues, illnesses, defeats in war, came upon them. But as soon as they turned back to God, the curses were removed. It hasn't changed in this day and time, when folks are away from God the curses follow, for the rewards of satan are not without penalty. More and more are convinced that they do not need God or prayer.

Yeah........ oaky. :nono:

I'm so glad my children stand for Jesus. And they do not back down from their classmates and friends who don't. They just love them and pray for them, as Jesus would. My home and every place we go, is filled with prayer... unceasingly.