I co-washed right up until my touch-up....

PeggyFair

Sure did. I have been co-washing my hair every night since around March. My last touch up was in February and I got my touch up on Thursday, last week. And let me tell you, I didn't get any burns, no burning sensation at all. My stylist kept the relaxer on for about 20 minutes and it still was not burning. No scabs too. Now of course, for about 3 days leading up to my touch up, I just gently worked the conditioner through my hair and did not scrub my scalp hardly at all, so that helped. I am just so addicted to co-washing and just wanted to let other ladies who are addicted to co-washing know that co-washing just might be possible for you(if you don't have an extra sensitive scalp) even on the days leading up to a chemical treatment.

That is all.:drunk:

You go Girl! I'm trying to do the same thing myself. I got my touch up in June and heat has only touched my head 9 times so far. That's a record for me!!!

I've done the same thing with no problems :yep: I stopped the day before, though. There's another member here (forgot her name) who washes the day of her relaxer with no problems

Co washing is so great :spinning:

Peggy, your siggy is great! Love it! :grin:

What do you use to co-wash with? I'm trying to step mine up as well. Also, what do you do to your hair every night while it's wet? How do you style it? Takes forever for my hair to dry.

What do you use to co-wash with? I'm trying to step mine up as well. Also, what do you do to your hair every night while it's wet? How do you style it? Takes forever for my hair to dry.

I co wash with different cheapies like LTR, Suave, Aussie Moist, Naked Naturals CitruS Keratin and more. I co wash in the morning, apply my leave ins and bun. At night, I just put my bonnet over my head, I don't take the bun down. I try to do as little manipulation as possible, since I'm already messing with it, co washing every day :yep:

I love your siggy too, SP!

McCain= the debil with baby arms :fistshake:

Last edited:
I do the same thing. I co-wash right up until the day before my relaxer. I don't co-wash the day of... cause it's not necessary but I do it right up until the day before with no problems! Love to co-wash!

I'm addicted to Cwing too. My staples are Loreal Vive Pro, V05 Champagne Kiss and Tea Therapy. I also recently started using Avalon and Trader Joes. I think the Avalon is a keeper. I usually cowash at night before, during, or after cooking. In the morning my hair is usually 95% dry.

I've done the same thing with no problems :yep: I stopped the day before, though. There's another member here (forgot her name) who washes the day of her relaxer with no problems

Co washing is so great :spinning:

Peggy, your siggy is great! Love it! :grin:

Thanks. Sheriff Arpaio for President!:drunk:

I co-wash with V05 Moisture Milks. I workout after work so I basically co-wash to get the sweat out of head. I wear my hair in a ponytail and sometimes rollerset on the weekends. But I ponytail 98% of the time. I can't be bothered with my hair on my face.

Back