I couldn't take it anymore...

glamazon386

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and support! :kiss: It's about 2 or 3 inches long now. It looks different than I thought it would, but I like it. I just gotta get used to seeing my big dome with no hair on it. :lol: Here's a few pics from my cell phone... I'm at work right now and can't figure out for the life of me how to upload pics to fotki from my cell phone. :ohwell: I'll post the rest when I get home...

ETA: I fixed it! Just scroll down to see the pics...

Last edited:

glamazon386

DAMMIT! :mad: Thats what I get for linking from Sprints website!! Let me try and fix it real quick lol Okay 2nd try...

Before:

In the process of cutting:

After:

Last edited:

melodee

Bmore, I was just thinking of doing this today. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough, but congrats to you and enjoy the new texture.

Will you still be getting the weave?

glamazon386

melodee said:
Bmore, I was just thinking of doing this today. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough, but congrats to you and enjoy the new texture.

Will you still be getting the weave?

Thanks! I'm not sure yet. I had already bought the hair but I don't think my hair is long enough for her to catch it now. I'm gonna stop up there when I get off work and see. I plan on going to a frat party tonight and I'll definitely be wearing the same wig I've been wearing all week if I don't get the weave. There's gonna be a lotta people there I haven't seen in a while and I wanna make sure I look my best. :) Besides that and I'm not ready to show the whole world just yet. My mom hasn't even seen it and I know she's going to have a heart attack. :lol:

glamazon386

Incredible1ne said:
Wow Bmore, congrats :D How do you feel about it today?

I still can't believe I did it. But it felt good to get rid of that damaged relaxed hair I had been holding onto for so long. I don't even know why I was holding onto it like that. I kept it covered up for the most part anyway. My hair was just never the same after my freshman year of college. I had finally just started making progress with it this year after struggling with breakage for the past 3. I guess once I realized that it actually is capable of growing out like it did when I was a child I figured what the hell I might as well cut it then! :lol:

Country gal

:grin: Your hair looks pretty. I say just sport your new look. Play it up with makeup and earrings. .:grin:

Last edited:

jenell85

Now that you have done your BC you can answer a question that I have been wanting to know. Does your new growth texture have a tighter curl once the relaxed hair is cut off? I read somewhere that when you are transitioning your curl pattern can seem looser than what it really is because the relaxed hair is weighing it down. Was this true with your hair?

glamazon386

jenell85 said:
Now that you have done your BC you can answer a question that I have been wanting to know. Does your new growth texture have a tighter curl once the relaxed hair is cut off? I read somewhere that when you are transitioning your curl pattern can seem looser than what it really is because the relaxed hair is weighing it down. Was this true with your hair?

Yeah that was true for me. The curl pattern doesn't really look tighter (ie. kinkier/nappier), but once i cut the ends and washed it; it shrunk down. With the relaxed ends hanging on it stretched the new growth out quite a bit so it looked longer. It looks shorter than I thought it would.

Last edited:

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Congratulations Bmore!! Those unexpected BC's are great..lol. That's how mines happened too.

Now hurry and get some pics up so we can see :D

glamazon386

Brownshugaz said:
I think you should wear it to the party tonight! you'll get all the attention.

No I won't! It's a pj party! All the girls in booty shorts/ass pants will be getting all the attention. :lol: At least that's what happened last year. AND IM TRYNA WIN THAT $100 VS GIFTCARD FOR BEST PJS! I gotta break out the heavy artillery. :lachen: So I will be sporting my usual model look (sexy but classy) similar to the picture in my siggy. ;)

Last edited:

DragonPearl

Congratulations!!

With your style and imagination, once you're comfortable, I'm sure you'll find great ways to wear your hair and you'll look cute at the same time.

And if you prefer long hair, don't worry, your hair will grow in no time.

Cheleigh

Congrats bmoreflyygirl! Your hair looks so soft and fine--mine is so thick up top, it looked like a brick after my BC. :)

I remember those fraternity parties--we brought the pajamma jammy jam to the West Coast (although I was rarely one of the women in the PJs--I was collecting the cash, LOL). It sometimes takes time to feel confident wearing your natural hair, and a frat party is not the place to rock such a drastic change unless you're 100% comfortable with it.

Jenelle85 The ends of your hair tend to be the curliest part, so it makes sense that once your ends are free, they'll curl up better than they did when they were sitting in front of relaxed hair. I have a very strong curl pattern, so my hair curls (shrinks) to 50% of my actual length.

glamazon386

Cheleigh said:
Congrats bmoreflyygirl! Your hair looks so soft and fine--mine is so thick up top, it looked like a brick after my BC. :)

I remember those fraternity parties--we brought the pajamma jammy jam to the West Coast (although I was rarely one of the women in the PJs--I was collecting the cash, LOL). It sometimes takes time to feel confident wearing your natural hair, and a frat party is not the place to rock such a drastic change unless you're 100% comfortable with it.

Jenelle85 The ends of your hair tend to be the curliest part, so it makes sense that once your ends are free, they'll curl up better than they did when they were sitting in front of relaxed hair. I have a very strong curl pattern, so my hair curls (shrinks) to 50% of my actual length.

Aww I wish my hair was thicker. Always have. :(

But I agree... And men can be rude and ignorant. Especially when they're with a group of their friends and are intoxicated at a party or whatever. And they wanna touch and grope. Especially the half naked girls. That's why I will be covered up for the most part. You can be sexy while still keeping it classy. I remember last year when the party was over and people were walking to the parking lot these guys kept yelling at this one girl talking about HEY GIRL! HEY GIRL IN THE GREEN ASS PANTS! COME HERE GIRL! And when she ignored them they started shouting all kinds of obscenities. I mean maybe she shouldn't have wore that if she didn't want that attention but it was a PJ party. She wasn't the only one. And I'm gonna have to fight if somebody calls me bald headed bc I don't wanna talk to their ignorant behind. :lachen: I'm gonna play it safe and rock my usual curls. I have my eye on a certain frat brother. So I gotta make sure I have my A game on tonight just as I do at all the other events we run into each other at.

Last edited:

cece22

bmoreflyygirl said:
Thanks! I'm not sure yet. I had already bought the hair but I don't think my hair is long enough for her to catch it now. I'm gonna stop up there when I get off work and see. I plan on going to a frat party tonight and I'll definitely be wearing the same wig I've been wearing all week if I don't get the weave. There's gonna be a lotta people there I haven't seen in a while and I wanna make sure I look my best. :) Besides that and I'm not ready to show the whole world just yet. My mom hasn't even seen it and I know she's going to have a heart attack. :lol:

Girl welcome to the Big Chop club good for you:) . Feels good doesn't it?

plove

MizaniMami said:
Bmore! Your natural texture is so soft and pretty looking! Congrats!

yes it looks really soft kinda make me want to touch it.

Congrats, congrats!

zora

Congrats!!!!!!!! Your hair looks so purty. I think you should do the Ekomba challenge and your hair will grow past shoulder length in NO time. Forget about the weaves and keep going with the wigs so you can play with your natural hair more until you're comfortable with it.

glamazon386

zora said:
Congrats!!!!!!!! Your hair looks so purty. I think you should do the Ekomba challenge and your hair will grow past shoulder length in NO time. Forget about the weaves and keep going with the wigs so you can play with your natural hair more until you're comfortable with it.

Thanks ladies! Really? The Ekomba Challenge? Hmm... I'll check her profile out. I usually wear half wigs and wigs when I'm not in a weave anyway.

karolmel

Hmmmmm, I have had natural hair and processed hair. Things have certainly changed, as far as hair is concerned, since I had dreads in the 90s. I had dreads for 6 years and I loved them! Alopecia changed my mind about hair and it took my dreads.

Now, I'm relaxed and I'm loving it! However, you ladies are so excited about natural hair, when all I can think of is the difficulty with managing it. How do you do it?

glamazon386

Nymphe said:
Congratulations! So, who are you planning to shock first? :)

Thanks! My roommate (my moms best friend) was the first person. But she knew I was gonna do it. :lol: I kept saying I was and when she got home I was in the bathroom a long time. She was like I KNEW IT! I was just waiting for you to come out. It was funny. :lol: I sent the guy im dating a picture but he hasn't seen it in person yet. He said he likes it. So I'm happy about that. :) I told my ex but he hasn't seen it yet either. My mom is gonna be the big one. She stopped be yesterday while I was gone to the BSS. When I came in the house she was still there but I had my wig on so she doesn't even know yet. I have a feeling shes gonna do something dramatic like pass out in the floor. :ohwell: