I cut my own layers!! pic included

blackbarbie

Girl you did a great job! You are so brave and I must say it looks like a professional cut. If falls nicely in place and everything.

Did you do it similar to this technique? http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-1561.html

I saw a stylist use this technique on a lady at a hair show except he told her to lean her head forward, grabbed her hair, cut it straight across and it came out nicely with the graduated layers.

Caramela

blackbarbie said:
Girl you did a great job! You are so brave and I must say it looks like a professional cut. If falls nicely in place and everything.

Did you do it similar to this technique? http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-1561.html

I saw a stylist use this technique on a lady at a hair show except he told her to lean her head forward, grabbed her hair, cut it straight across and it came out nicely with the graduated layers.

As a matter of fact, YES! That's how I did it!

blackbarbie

Caramela said:
As a matter of fact, YES! That's how I did it!

I'm going to get bold and brave as you one day and I will give myself my next trim!!:lol:

Again, you did a great job and it looks so good! (oh, you must have some long arms; how did you hold all that hair up there:confused: )

ETA: Oh I see, you flipped it over like the guy at the hair show did.......

LondonDiva

Girl, congrats on the growth. Being an old school LHCF member I remember when your hair was pre bra strap and now look!!!

Very inspiring and beautiful cut and to think my friend paid £65 (over $100) for hers that didn't look that great.

LondonDiva

Caramela said:
Look, don't you go pumping my head up just because a few strands are touching waist. LOL! Most of it's still mid-back, especially since I took a couple inches off. But thanks for the compliments. Everyone, thanks so much. I was scared but saw someone mention this on yahoo answers that they cut layers in like this... and normally I'm not the daring type when it comes to my hair, but something came over me.
Anyway, I'm happy with the results. Thanks again for all the kind words.

Girl are you gonna put a fotki album together or something. You know you're a hair idol round here.;)

2cute2B4gotten

Caramela said:
I cut my own layers in! I was so scared to do it. I flipped my hair over and combed it forward and snipped maybe 1-2 inches off straight across. When I flipped it back over.... presto... LAYERS!! :grin:

Your hair is beautiful. That is exactly how my friend from S. Africa cuts her hair and it turns out beautifully every time. She does it about once per month (she cuts the 1" growth that she gets) because she does not want it to get waistlength.... if only I had her troubles. :lol:

Caramela

Thanks, Ladies :D I think we can all be self-sufficient hair care takers. I don't need anyone to relax, style or trim/cut my hair! I can do it myself!

dlewis

zzirvingj said:
Wait.....I thought you were "mid back".....looks WAIST LENGTH to me! ;)

Anyhow, it looks great. So full and bouncy looking. Good job! :)

I agree, it looks waist to me also. Looks great!:D

H

honey_jammz82

LondonDiva said:
Girl are you gonna put a fotki album together or something. You know you're a hair idol round here.;)

What she said, I miss lookin at your album!! Love the layers too :)

LiLi

Simply stunning Caramela (I thought I replied to this thread already)!!! You did a great job! I have been loving your hair since being in lurk-mode on the old boards. You were always so nice about replying to all of my e-mails when I asked questions too. Your hair just gets better and better.:D

Allandra

I've also heard of ladies putting their hair in a high ponytail and cutting it straight across to make layers.

Caramela

^^^ I cut mine very similar to that, Allandra. Thinking that the pony might make it easier to hold all the hair, but yeah, same concept.

Thanks for encouragement, guys. I need to put an album together. That's a goal for 2007. Thanks. :rosebud: