I CUT OFF MY LOCS TODAY

G

I decided to just go for it. A friend of mines cut my locs off today. I feel free, I feel good. They were getting thin and weighing down on me and my head. I am now going to be ordering Viviscal. Am going to the salon to have my hair washed and deep conditioned and evened out. It is now uneven

Congrats Bedstuygirl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

What are your hair goals now? Are you gonna relax or stay natural!! Girl, you're definitely in the right place. You'll find lots of support here during your hair journey.

hey girl /images/graemlins/wave.gif congradulations on cutting yo hair, so what r u goin to do now? are u growin it natural forever, or are u goin to grow it out till its a certain length then relax it or jus be lazy and shut it in braids?? pliz share...

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

lol armyqt we posted the same message at the same time!! oh well /images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's great Bedstuygirl! You sound very relieved and renewed. Have you decided what you are going to do with it now that your hair is free from dreads?

Congratulations. I remember that same FREE feeling when i cut my locs off over 2 years ago. Good luck with your new hair journey,

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I feel great. I had them for 6 years. I am not going to perm. I really would like to try some versatile styles that I have never done even when I had a perm. I have about 11/2 inches of new growth. Ya'll, it felt soooooo good to have my hair washed and scrubbed and a nice deep creme conditioner. The girl at the salon dried my hair with a brush. I ran my fingers through it and left. For me, locs became VERY oppressive. My hair was thinning as it grew longer and I did not feel like my hair looked healthy.

These are the things I would like to do next:
* braids in a month or two after my hair has had some time to breath
* a weave (i have always wanted one) but can i achieve this without getting a perm?
i bought a ton of hair care magazines. everyone let me know if you have any ideas for styles. i am LOVING THIS forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
bedstuygirl said:
* a weave (i have always wanted one) but can i achieve this without getting a perm?
i bought a ton of hair care magazines. everyone let me know if you have any ideas for styles. i am LOVING THIS forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can get a weave w/o getting a perm, in fact I'd recommend getting a weave b/f the relaxer that way you'll be doing it on very strong and healthy hair and hopefully won't experience any breakage.

What style of braids are you thinking about getting? Whenever I think about getting braids I go to the Khamit Kinks Webpage to browse their styles! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

o/t but i just checked out the prices on that site and i went like this /images/graemlins/shocked.gif and i thought that japanese straighter thingy was overpriced. goodness. i saw a segment on them and saw them doing braids and it wasnt much different from what people do at other braid shops. i actually saw when they burned the ends of the synthetic hair they went all the way up /images/graemlins/shocked.gif i'm not knocking them for what they do more power to them but they are a bit pricey. God bless you all.

ms_kenesha said:
bedstuygirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can get a weave w/o getting a perm, in fact I'd recommend getting a weave b/f the relaxer that way you'll be doing it on very strong and healthy hair and hopefully won't experience any breakage.

What style of braids are you thinking about getting? Whenever I think about getting braids I go to the Khamit Kinks Webpage to browse their styles! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the information. I am glad I do NOT need a perm in order to get a weave. I am done with chemical treatments but I have seen some HOT weaves I think I would look cute in /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Thanks for the information on Khamit Kinks. My cousin started her locs there and let them cut them off when she was done. I like some of their styles. Boy are they expensive. I saw a style in braids and more that I really like. I feel it is important for me to let my hair breathe. In the meantime I will wash my hair once a week and give myself a deep conditioner each week too and go under my dryer at home or let it air dry. I wanted to try a style wearing it curly but how can I do that while it is wet without putting in some sort of wave thing? I LOVE this site!

Hi Bedstuygirl /images/graemlins/wave.gif

It sounds like you have a pretty good plan after your dreads. I am happy that you are enjoying being able do things to your hair that you have not been able to do. I know you are enjoying every minute of your new found freedom. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Happy Growing! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hiya, i am natural too and just cut my hair in november last year. I was stuck on options on what to do with my hair, but soon found styles that I could do on 3-4 inches /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have done twist, twist outs, cornrows, braids, afro's, afro with cornrows afro puff with head band the list goes on. Just because your hair is short it does'nt mean that it is not versatile. you can also check other natural hair boards for maintenance and styles. www.nappturality.com has a wealth of knowledge and tons of journals for you to get hair ideas. That is where I got my styles from. Its fun learning how to do different styles. I cant wait until my hair gets a lil longer so I have more options. Congratulations girl /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Congratulations on your new hair, 11/2 of new growth, you will really seen a lot of growth. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

thanx ms_kenesha for the site, i am lovin that site even tho the prices r a bit much is $250 the avarage that havin yo hair braided costs?? wow over here its about £40 at a reasonable place...anyway that twists style is soooo hot!!

[image] http://www.khamitkinks.com/Home.html [/image]

its in the hair show, the middle one on the bottom /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

Congrats on starting on a new hair journey. Have you tought about any natural styles while you are waiting to get the weave/braids? how about those cute little twists that are started with a comb? I don't know the name. They look so adorable. Okay, I will get my hands out of your hair... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Back