I did a Semi-permanent color over henna a few days ago and I have a question...

HoneyDew

Ladies, back in November, I used Bigen to color my hair Oriental Black. Henna never releases color on those sections. Meanwhile, my roots have gone from getting no henna color release to being a Burgandy Brown color. I did not want to do Bigen again and I did not feel like whipping out any indigo, but I just HAD to get my uniform Black color back.

I put on some Beautiful Collection Semi Perm Black color that lasts (they say) 4-8 shampoos. I did not think it would color over the Henna well, but I put it on for 10 min and sat under the dryer.

Now I have a nice soft black color all over and I love it.

My question is this, if this was your situation, when would you I do an herbal treatment again? After the Semi-perm is totally gone? I want to do a cassia treatment/henna treatment this weekend. It may totally wash away the rest of the black semi-perm, but I really want to get my conditioning treatment. I haev not done one in 2 weeks.

What do you guys think?

gymfreak336

Try using a higher ratio of cassia in your next mix. Also, don't let the dye release in your henna and you shouldn't get that much of a color change.