Semi Perm Color Over Henna

napgurl

I want to semi perm color my hair black temporarily so that I can match up with a phony pony. Has anyone used semi perm hair color over henna? What were your results?

sareca

I used Natural Instincts over Jamila henna'd hair. I let the henna fade for a few months then applied the temp-dye. It didn't cover my gray like henna does but it was nice. I did it again with another Natural Instincts color and hated it. I just henna'd again (after 6 months with no henna) yesterday.

napgurl

I used Natural Instincts over Jamila henna'd hair. I let the henna fade for a few months then applied the temp-dye. It didn't cover my gray like henna does but it was nice. I did it again with another Natural Instincts color and hated it. I just henna'd again (after 6 months with no henna) yesterday.

Thanks Sereca . . . I'll try the natural instincs. Yes Henna covers the greys so well and I love my henna red, but it is so hard to match up with phony buns and phony pony.

~*Tigget*~

I just used a semi-perm black color on my hair this past weekend. I had my hair at the top permantly dyed burgundy, bleached then a brugundy rinse. I haven't ever henna'd, I have read a lot about it, but still not sure on how to use it, or even where to get it. But anyway as I was saying, I used the semi this weekend, so I too could match my phony bun, and it absolutely did not work. The rest of my hair was dark anyway but not black enough, and it didn't even get black w/ the semi nor did the other color...duh i should have known that, but i was really wanting the rest to be jet black, and it was disappointing. :wallbash: I must have did something wrong, I maybe should have put the plastic cap on and gotten under the dryer. I wonder how soon I can try this again.

napgurl

I just used a semi-perm black color on my hair this past weekend. I had my hair at the top permantly dyed burgundy, bleached then a brugundy rinse. I haven't ever henna'd, I have read a lot about it, but still not sure on how to use it, or even where to get it. But anyway as I was saying, I used the semi this weekend, so I too could match my phony bun, and it absolutely did not work. The rest of my hair was dark anyway but not black enough, and it didn't even get black w/ the semi nor did the other color...duh i should have known that, but i was really wanting the rest to be jet black, and it was disappointing. :wallbash: I must have did something wrong, I maybe should have put the plastic cap on and gotten under the dryer. I wonder how soon I can try this again.

Good question. I'm bumping for you.

kim

I have henna'd hair and I recently used a semi-perm black rinse. The first one didn't take at all. The second somewhat took, I can still see plenty of the henna color in it. I'm not sure why because it has been several months since I henna'd. I'm guessing the henna isn't letting the color through. The first rinse I used was adore, the second was clairol beautiful collection. I done them about a week apart.