**I DID MY TWIST**(pics inside)

kittenz

I finally did my kinky twist. :yahoo:This is my 2nd time doing them on myself and I :heart: them. Let me know what you think.

I also updated my album so check it and leave lots of comments, please.:yep:

Last edited:

morehairplease

great job....they are beautiful! do you mind posting what brand of hair your used? also, did you dip the hair in water before attaching it? how are they closed? My braider was going to do them for me two months ago but I purchased the wrong hair b/c she said it would not 'close' on its on. Did you apply the ORS twist & loc gel to your hair?

IntoMyhair

you did a good job,they look great
i can't get twists like that right to save my life

*waiting on some tips/hints*

deola

Your hair is beeeaautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did you do it and how long did it take to finish?
I have been trying to learn to do this with no luck!:ohwell:
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

kittenz

Thanks for all the nice comments.:blowkiss: I didn't add up all the time it took me to finish, wish I did, but I spread it out over a few days. I hope to keep these in for the next month and will wash them maybe 2-3 times with diluted poo and con.

Tishee- I used 16" Afro Kinky Bulk hair by Modu Collection. It wasn't the best hair but it got the job done. I cut it all in half and had to condition all of it with hair grease before I could use it because it was so hard and dry. After I was done I rolled it all on perm rods and dipped it in boiling water. (I don't think it damages my hair because flat/curling irons get much hotter than the 212 degrees of water. :ohwell:) Anyway, that set the curlies on the bottoms and then I moisturized them with spray. Next time if I get hard hair again I may use a ACV rinse on the fake hair to see if it gets better. I've heard that your supposed to rinse it before use anyway becuz it can do something to your hair's Ph levels. I didn't use any other products or gels. HTH

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Wow ... those look great, Kittenz!!! Looks like they were done professionally. I've never tried to wear twists, but looking at how well yours turned out, I may have to give it a try.

kittenz

Thanks again girls!

Go ahead and try them Tara, they'll have to be long for all your hair but you just may like them. I DO!!:grin:

hothair

Wow, ur hair is absolutely lovely, so explain to me did u used the afro kinky bulk the one that looks like a ball of cotton?

kittenz

Wow, ur hair is absolutely lovely, so explain to me did u used the afro kinky bulk the one that looks like a ball of cotton?

Thank you! I did use AKB hair but it doesn't look like a cotton ball. Both brands I've used, I can't remember the first, came in packs with the hair sectioned into about 1 inch sections with small rubber bands. Each section did about 3-4 twists. It looked like dry tangled 4a hair so I added grease to all of it before twisting and lightly detangled, its not as hard as it sounds.