I Finally posted pics on Fotki

MissFallon

After 4 months of caring for my hair and trying to accept the fact that it is short I finally feel comfortable enough to share pictures with everyone. Back in January I cut my hair down to shoulder length and was soooooo incredibly depressed about it. I found this board and LHCF and was able to nurse my hair back to health. Now it is at APL and I am creeping down to BSL (hopefully no later than september). Take a look at my pics...i'm kinda happy now that i can share them and am not so embarrased about having my hair short (after 16 years of below brastrap hair)

RabiaElaine

Beautiful!!

Your hair is not short at all! And if you could grow your hair from shoulder to APL in 5 months, that's phenomenal! I'm giving myself a whole year to do it, and I'm still not sure that I'll make it.

I'd love to know your regimen too!

MissFallon

I wash my hair once a week with either with Jason's Natural Thin-to-Thick Shampoo or Nexxus Therappe. Then I deep condition with a mix of cholesterol (whatever kind I have in the mixture that time), castor oil, pantene moisturizing conditioner and a little motions CPR for an hour (no dryer). Then i use Nexxes Humectress as a regular conditioner. After that i comb out my hair (w/o conditioner in it) and put in my leave in mix (Smooth N Shine leave in + water+ castor oil). I roll it, let it airdry for approx 8 hrs or sit under the dryer if im in a rush. When it is dry I put my oil mix on it (about a 1/2 tsp) and wrap it. I dont wear my hair down so I usually wrap it every night and then put it in a ponytail and wear a phonypony everyday.

Last edited:

MissFallon

I also dont believe in the no combing thing. Since I wrap it everynight I need to comb it. I use a widetooth comb and comb it like 2-3 times a day. Everynight i put my oil mix on the ends before i wrap it. I just started using the carrot oil creme by hollywood beauty but its not for me so im switching back to my oil mix.

RabiaElaine

MissFallon said:
I wash my hair once a week with either with Jason's Natural Thin-to-Thick Shampoo or Nexxus Therappe. Then I deep condition with a mix of cholesterol (whatever kind I have in the mixture that time), castor oil, pantene moisturizing conditioner and a little motions CPR for an hour (no dryer). Then i use Nexxes Humectress as a regular conditioner. After that i comb out my hair (w/o conditioner in it) and put in my leave in mix (Smooth N Shine leave in + water+ castor oil). I roll it, let it airdry for approx 8 hrs or sit under the dryer if im in a rush. When it is dry I put my oil mix on it (about a 1/2 tsp) and wrap it. I dont wear my hair down so I usually wrap it every night and then put it in a ponytail and wear a phonypony everyday.

That's essentially what my regimen has become (different products though). Do you baggie when you wear your phonypony??

MissFallon

no i tried it and didnt like it. I put my hair in a bun and then cover it with a stocking sock and put a pony tail holder on top to keep it on. then i put the phony pony on. It really helps me with preventing breakage cuz my hair doesnt have a problem staying moisturized.

*Frisky*

MissFallon said:

How long have you been using this? Does it really help thicken the hair? Where do you purchase it?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Your hair look good, and grows super fast, you'll back at BSL in no time. I use a growth chart t-shirt (I bootleg myself) but in the product exchange forum you can find one of the ladies who sales these T-shirts.

MissFallon

marie170 said:
How long have you been using this? Does it really help thicken the hair? Where do you purchase it?

"Jasons Natural Thin-to-Thick Shampoo & Conditoner"
It works for me. I've been using it since February. When i first started using it my hair was thin in the back and you could see right through it, after using it for about a month i noticed that it was thicker and that when i looked in the mirror all i saw was hair instead of whatever was behind me in between the strands. It doesn't lather so it takes some getting used to, but to me its a great product you just have to have patience. it also stopped my hair from breaking and shedding. I purchased it from Vitamin Shoppe. You can get it on their online website but if you go to the store you should be able to find both the shampoo and conditioner in a set for the price of 1 ($8.49)