I finished my first Cassia treatment!

veggiegirl314

I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I don't notice any extra moisture, but it feels stronger. I'm going to order some more next month and try it again. Maybe I'll graduate to henna one day. :)

My recipe:

100g cassia
about 3 tbsps honey
about 2 tbsps EVOO
enough warm water to make it smooth

I showered and clarified with baking soda and CON, then I shook out my hair and applied the cassia. The 100g was probably too much for my TWA, but I applied it all anyway. I sat for about 1.5 hours with heat.

I hopped in the shower, and rinsed it all off, using Aussie Moist to help me out. I used the good stuff (from Mehandi.com), so there was no grit or sand, which made for a really easy rinse.

After rinsing, I DC-ed with Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix. I LOVE that stuff. I DCed for about 2 hours with my heating cap.

I rinsed out the DC, and my hair feels sooooo good! I posted a lot of pics on my Fotki (shameless plug, I know!) if anyone wants to see more.

I just wanted to share this with you ladies, because I'm so excited. I might take the plunge and try Henna next month. :)

veggiegirl314

nice!! million dollar question, did it loosen your texture??

I'm not sure! I don't think it did...

In that picture, my curls seem to hang a little lower, but maybe it's just growing? I'm not sure yet. My hair is still drying; I'll update when it's completely dry! :)