I found my exciting new accessory...EZ Combs! Love these things!! (Pics)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I've seen several posts about hairzings/EZ combs or whatever but I just gotta re-post because I LOVE THEM!! :drunk: I had been looking at them forever at Bed Bath and Beyond but never got them because I wasn't crazy about the colors.:ohwell: So I finally took the plunge and got them this weekend.

It's soooooo easy and there are no pins or anything else required. I was getting sick of the bunning with track hair and I just got bored. So I was so glad that I could find a style using my own hair and feel a little more free from the bands and all. You can use them with any length of hair too (just about).

So here are my pictures with the bone colored EZ combs. This one comes with black in the pack. The other pack comes with a brownish color and clear crystal. I'm going back to get those today.:yep:

Attachments

• hairzing4.jpg
    hairzing4.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 278
Those look really nice. I saw these the other day in the store & was wondering would they cause any friction with the hair? I might go ahead and get one since it's getting colder & I want to start wearing my hair in more updos.

Thanks for the post.

Those look really nice. I saw these the other day in the store & was wondering would they cause any friction with the hair? I might go ahead and get one since it's getting colder & I want to start wearing my hair in more updos.

Thanks for the post.

Thank you! You can put it as loose or as tight as you want. The first time I put them in they felt a little tight so I just learned how far apart to place them to ease up on the tension. And the combs are rounded and in no way pointy. You do have to be careful taking them out though, like any hair accessory.

Am I the only one who wants to see a tutorial for that beautiful updo the OP has....? :look:

Those look great!

Looks like it would actually work for us shorter haired ladies too!

Thanks for sharing and wow... the progress in your siggy is great!

Am I the only one who wants to see a tutorial for that beautiful updo the OP has....? :look:

LOL. I don't have a good tutorial but just some written instructions that I hope helps.

But they are just two sidecombs with beads holding them together.

For this style I just sectioned my hair off into four sections. It's the same way I made the loose bun from Traycee's tutorial.

But you'll have a front section on each side like mickey mouse
A section out in the front behind your bang that you'll puff up and blend into the rest later
And a section out in the back from ear to ear (the largest section).

First take the two mickey mouse sections and twist them a little individually and them hold them together with your hand (leaving the front and back out).

Then take your other hand and flip the back up to the section you're holding and fold it up like you're wrapping a present and put in the comb. Think of a Hershey's kiss wrapper.

Then you just take the front section and comb it back and push it up a little. Blend in your parts and you're done. It's soooo easy!!

Sorry I don't have any pics though.

HTH!!

Those look great!

Looks like it would actually work for us shorter haired ladies too!

Thanks for sharing and wow... the progress in your siggy is great!

Thanks! And yes, I would NEVER have enough hair to do a good bun on my own without this hiding the ends and making my hair appear longer.

EZ combs are my absolute favorite hair accessory. I'm about to break down and order the hairzings for more color options.

BTW, be very careful while removing them. I've had a few snags. Now I'm a pro with them.

I love these things. I wear mine almost every day. My co-workers know me as the hair zing girl. But they're so convenient for protective styling.

That looks so cute! Where can I purchase them? CVS? BSS??

I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. I've seen them before in Super Walmart (sometimes) and I want to say I saw a knock-off in Sally's or the local BSS but not sure. I stalked them for months before I decided to try them.

OK I just saw a pack at CVS for 9.99 is that how much u paid?

They were $9.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond but I always use the 20% off coupon so I paid $8.

Let me know if you find them in Sally's because I saw them once months ago and didn't see them the last time I looked.

Good luck!

What a great find! Thanks for the pics. I'll see if Sally's carries them. Your updo looks very elegant!

Thank you! I hope Sally's still has them because I'm pretty sure I saw them there once but they weren't there latley. They disappeared from Walmart too so good luck finding them if you can't get to a BB&B. They have hundreds of them at BB&B.

I bought these some EZ combs a while back, and have been using them, but here's what I would like to know... are you able to put your hair up with just the combs, nothing else? The only way I have been able to get them to stay in my hair is if I make a ponytail with and elastic band first. Otherwise, they just pop right out.

EZ combs are my absolute favorite hair accessory. I'm about to break down and order the hairzings for more color options.

BTW, be very careful while removing them. I've had a few snags. Now I'm a pro with them.

You may be able to find them locally at CVS, Rite Aid or Walgreens. :yep:

I bought these some EZ combs a while back, and have been using them, but here's what I would like to know... are you able to put your hair up with just the combs, nothing else? The only way I have been able to get them to stay in my hair is if I make a ponytail with and elastic band first. Otherwise, they just pop right out.

Hmmm, I never thought of that. Do you have thinner hair? Because I do notice that the comb teeth are spread pretty far apart. I don't have a problem keeping them in and I don't use anything at all to keep them in. Maybe you can put them in further apart to make them tighter but I wouldn't want that much tension on my hair.

Back