I got a touch-up today

mirrormirror

I got a touch-up today. My last one was on March 23, and usually I go about 4 months, but for some reason, it grew out much quicker than before.

Anyway, I went to the same person, that Ive been going to for the past 8 years. So I am definately familiar with her. She was using Affirm on my hair for about 3 years, and prior to that she was using Revlon Fabulaxer. But today she used Fabulaxer on my hair, I was surprised , cause its been a while. She went back to her old routine.

Then she shampooed my hair with Optimum Care neautralizing shampoo , (about 10x) I swear, she makes sure that all the relaxer residue is gone. And then she just put Queen Helene's cholesterol as a deep conditioner. Then she just sprayed setting lotion and roller set my hair, then wrapped.

....she really switched up on me, cause she usually applies Affirm 5-in-1 as a deep treatment, after the Affirm relaxer.

.......I must admit I always preferred Fabulaxer, when she made the switch to Affirm, I noticed the change and I really didn't like how it made my hair feel, but nothing to complain about.

I thought u are always suppose to do a protein treatemnt after a relaxer(after joining this board)but she didn't this time.

Anyway, I hope she stays with Fabulaxer for good.

Can you just ask her to use Fabulaxer on you for good if that's what you want Mirror? You should....:)

[ QUOTE ]
Can you just ask her to use Fabulaxer on you for good if that's what you want Mirror? You should....:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracy
u r right, I'll let her know.

They have both MissM - the Lye version disappeared for a looong time (it was my fav relaxer for a long time and it's discontinuation was the sourc of much terrible trial and error) and now I've been seeing it again. I almost switched again but I decided to cool my heels and stick wih what's working.
laugh.gif
The no lye stuck around when the lye version disappeared.

Make sure that you do your own protein treatment in a few days. Also, I don't agree with paying someone at the salon who uses low-end products on the hair (Queen Helene Cholesterol). I mean that's good for at home and everything.

How do you feel about this?

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure that you do your own protein treatment in a few days. Also, I don't agree with paying someone at the salon who uses low-end products on the hair (Queen Helene Cholesterol). I mean that's good for at home and everything.

How do you feel about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately will NOT be doing my own protein treatment, never have and never will. My hair has always done fine, so Im sticking to what I know. I am not a licsenced cosmetologist, nor am I a Chemist. I know my hair, and I never experiment with things I dont know about, especially when it comes to my hair, and protein treatments is one of them. Affirm 5-in-1 is the only form of protein that has been done on my hair, and thats only about every 4 months.

Other than that I never do them. My hair takes well to very simple routines, and less experimentation.

.....to answer you question, about her using low-end products, I really do not mind. That is exactly how she would maintain my hair with her old routine, she never did after relaxer protein treatments. And my hair always gained lenghth,stayed moisturized and never broke off. She is the only one in her small shop and her daughter. Its just the two of them. So I always get one-on-one attention. And I love it that way. And its because of her why I have so much hair.

.....So I am definately not worrying about it.

Supergirl- Thanks for looking out for my hair though.

Back