Why do I need a touch-up so soon

naomi

good skin and hair
Hi everybody
I always get a touch-up about every 3- 4 months. Cause thats usually when I get new growth. My last touch up was mid February. But something strange has happened, And my hair now desperatley needs a touch up. The sides are so frizzy and my new growth is wavy. And when I detangle my wet hair it is a pain.

Where did this sudden chage come from?......My last touch up, my stylist used her usual Fabulaxer or Affirm on me. But I had brought in Deep Brilliance reconstructor as a conditioner for her to use. Im thinking maybe the relaxer didnt take well.

Can anybody help me as to what happened?

BTW.....Im scheduled tomorrow for a touch-up.

sillygurl18

what have you done differently have you upped the protein in anyway. Could it be reversion? Have you taken any new vitamins, done more exercise?

naomi

good skin and hair
.......well I have done the usual.

I wash my hair every week, and rotate Deep Brilliance reconstructor or Pantene R&N conditioner. And then I do a rollerwrap. I do not use any flat irons, blowdryers, curling irons, etc. I just sit under the hood dryer. I do not exercise and I do not take vitamins.

I want to to hold out so bad but the wet combouts are a tangled mess. Thats another sign letting me know that I need a touch up. But after my rollerset has dried and completed, it may not be obvious to to the eye that my hair needs a touch up. It comes out pretty smooth. But I just dont like how my edges look, and if you feel my roots its so wavy.

Donda

You may have under processed your hair your last touch up. It happen to me a few months ago, my hair started to come out and it didn't stop until I re-apply my relaxer 2 weeks later for an extre 10 minutes more. After that I went back to my 8-9 week schedule.