I got called a fake natural today!

Kurlee

Why do we have such a negative perception of our own hair in 2008? Its really annoying:nono:

MrsQueeny

I would agree. Clearly they don't know how to handle their natural hair. I wear buns all the time.

ETA: I peeked in your fotki and your hair is very pretty. It doesn't look 4b to me at all though. You have a defined curl pattern.
Thanks for the compliment. It may not look like it but trust me it is. Candy1214 and abenyo have seen my hair up close and personal and they can tell you it is 4b. I think pictures can be deceiving sometimes. My curl is more of a z shape not s like 4a. Q

gymfreak336

I am sorry you had to go through this today. Even in the natural world, there is always mis information, confusion and skepticism.

Maybe they were confused because they A. Don't understand the different hair types and B. are confused about how to take care of there own.

One misconception is that 4b hair doesn't form curls. 4b hair can and will form curls but they are not uniform and are not clearly defined through out. The kinks in 4b curls vary in shape and degree. When stretched, you see more of a z pattern with hair curling at sharp angles. 4a when stretched seems more s-shaped.

MrsQueeny

I am sorry you had to go through this today. Even in the natural world, there is always mis information, confusion and skepticism.

Maybe they were confused because they A. Don't understand the different hair types and B. are confused about how to take care of there own.

One misconception is that 4b hair doesn't form curls. 4b hair can and will form curls but they are not uniform and are not clearly defined through out. The kinks in 4b curls vary in shape and degree. When stretched, you see more of a z pattern with hair curling at sharp angles. 4a when stretched seems more s-shaped.

Yup that is my hair to the tee, making me a 4b. Thanks for explaining it better than I could. Q

Maa Maa omo mti

Thanks for the compliment. It may not look like it but trust me it is. Candy1214 and abenyo have seen my hair up close and personal and they can tell you it is 4b. I think pictures can be deceiving sometimes. My curl is more of a z shape not s like 4a. Q

I agree. Queeny you and your girls have great hair.

asubeauty

Wow, that's just so :nono:

Ignorant, that's the word. Just trying to make you feel bad because their head is all busted.

Traycee

It kills me how someone could think they know more about someones hair than they do...Women are a trip

SparklingFlame

I was talking to a group of naturals at work today--they started to discuss some of the daily issue w/ natural hair--I put my 2cent in and told them how s-curl really has help me tame my hair-One of the chicks said it helps you because you are not really a natural--I was shocked and asked her what she meant by that-she explained that if I was fully natural my hair would not be able to lay down in a bun--I was like are you serious- So she goes on and on and ask me to take my hair down-I don't know why but I did-they investigated my hair and said I don't know what kind of hair you got because natural don't lay that flat, you must still have a relaxer--Now all of us in the group are in the 4 hair type family, and I mostly 4b but my curl pattern is a little loose and it grow out really weird--- Well the conversation ended w/ me basically telling them even though we are all in the 4 family we can have different textures and it was funny to me that they were trying to call me out-- They continued to repeat "I don't know what kind of hair you got but it ain't natural, you can't be".............

Just wanted to share-has this every happened to anyone else??
Girl people are just so RETARDED!!! :wallbash:

Ms Lala

They're just ignorant. My hair is real thick and all it takes is grease, water, and a brush to lay it down. THey just don't know how versatile our hair is.

glamazon386

Queeny, I was talking about the OP's hair with that ETA part even though I quoted you. Sorry for the confusion.