I got inspired over the weekend

mpress

Hey guys, I haven't posted for a while, but I just wanted to share an experience that happened to me over the weekend.

I went to my friend's baby shower and a friend of mine who I haven't seen in years was there. Well, she had all natural hair, and she had about 20 big rope-like twists in her hair that hung a little past her shoulders. Her hair looked marvellous. I think I stared at her the whole time I was there. She told me that she decided that she didn't want to depend on a hairdresser anymore, so she grew out her texturizer and called it a day. My hair is currently natural, but in braids (hopefully for another year), but this was a big inspiration for me because that is exactly how I want my hair to be. I could tell that she has the same type of hair like me (4aish) so I know that it is possible. Who says that natural hair doesn't grow?

I just thought I would share... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pmichael52172

It's times like that where you're glad you stalled before making a change.

A lot of times I talk about cutting my hair because it's so thin and such, then I see someone with the same type of hair as mine and it is gorgeous (some long, some medium) and then I hold on because I see that it's possible and doesn't look as bad as I always say it does.

I'm relaxed but the scenario goes either way. It's like you get this burst of energy or this new found hope.

It would be nice if that could roll over into our finances, natural lives, morals and all that but that's another post all together /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mpress

"It would be nice if that could roll over into our finances, natural lives, morals and all that but that's another post all together"

Well said. It would be nice if it would roll over into other areas of our lives.

sweetcocoa

I feel the same way after looking at a natural lady's photo album(Asha). Her pics and styles really inspired me.