I got My Natural Hair COLORED in Cali...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I got my natural hair colored for the first time this past Saturday at Mane Appearances salon in Los Angeles, CA. I was in Cali to visit one of my favorite cousins. A year ago, I came across a link online of pictures done by a stylist named Shimiko. I suggested my cousin to go to her. My cousin gets her hair colored regularly. I thought it was neat that I was able to get my hair done by this same lady.

Before going in, I blowdried my hair. When I got there, I showed her a picture of the color and highlights that I wanted. She then applied color to my hair, let the color process on my hair, then washed and conditioned my hair with this Matrix Total Results Moisture Conditioner. Then she blowdried my hair in like 10 mins flat! She used It's A 10 miracle leave-in product for straightening. She first pressed my hair with a hot comb, then trimmed my ends, and then flat ironed it. I've never been a frequent salon goer, but this was the best salon experience I ever had. She straightened my hair better than anyone else, even myself.

I have attached pictures of the results. I will be wearing my natural hair straight for a while until the next time I wash it. I can't wait to see what my natural hair will look like in natural hair styles like twistouts and wash 'n gos with this new color.

Edited to add: Here's a link to styles done by Shimiko: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.110451935703533.18568.109507542464639&type=1 My cousin is in pictures 87-89.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_65.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_65.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 774
  • IMAG1045.jpg
    IMAG1045.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 728
  • IMAG1050.jpg
    IMAG1050.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 684
  • IMAG1049.jpg
    IMAG1049.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 666
  • IMAG1047.jpg
    IMAG1047.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

I got my natural hair colored for the first time this past Saturday at Mane Appearances salon in Los Angeles, CA. I was in Cali to visit one of my favorite cousins. A year ago, I came across a link online of pictures done by a stylist named Shimiko. I suggested my cousin to go to her. My cousin gets her hair colored regularly. I thought it was neat that I was able to get my hair done by this same lady.

Before going in, I blowdried my hair. When I got there, I showed her a picture of the color and highlights that I wanted. She then applied color to my hair, let the color process on my hair, then washed and conditioned my hair with Matrix products. Then she blowdried my hair in like 10 mins flat! She used Design Essentials products for straightening. She first pressed my hair with a hot comb, then trimmed my ends, and then flat ironed it. I've never been a frequent salon goer, but this was the best salon experience I ever had. She straightened my hair better than anyone else, even myself.

I have attached pictures of the results. I will be wearing my natural hair straight for a while until the next time I wash it. I can't wait to see what my natural hair will look like in natural hair styles like twistouts and wash 'n gos with this new color.

Your hair looks beautiful!!

They know they can do some natural hair in California! I miss that so much living here in Georgia!

baddison

natural for good

Before going in, I blowdried my hair. When I got there, I showed her a picture of the color and highlights that I wanted. She then applied color to my hair, let the color process on my hair, then washed and conditioned my hair with Matrix products. Then she blowdried my hair in like 10 mins flat! She used Design Essentials products for straightening. She first pressed my hair with a hot comb, then trimmed my ends, and then flat ironed it. I've never been a frequent salon goer, but this was the best salon experience I ever had. She straightened my hair better than anyone else, even myself.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! :congrats:

Poohbear

I really like the color. What inspiration pic did you use?

GoingBack

Here is the picture I showed her:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
The color looks good on you.

How much did she charge? I been looking for someone who can deal with natural hair.

Poohbear

The color looks good on you.

How much did she charge? I been looking for someone who can deal with natural hair.

Crackers Phinn - Thanks! She charged me $100 which seems kinda low for what I got done, but this may be because I referred her to my cousin. I was there for 3-4 hours.

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
that's a great color on you!
your hair looks so beautiful-and you should post a pic when you do a natural style :D

Poohbear

that's a great color on you!
your hair looks so beautiful-and you should post a pic when you do a natural style :D

Rocky91 - I attached pictures of my colored natural hair in a twistout.

1st pic - no camera flash - hair looks brighter
2nd pic - with camera flash - hair looks darker

Attachments

• DSC09050.JPG
    DSC09050.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC09053.JPG
    DSC09053.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 111

BlkMane

Your hair looks really nice! Enjoy the straight style. Looked at the pictures in the link. That stylist is good! Everyone's hair looks so shiny. Very nice. She was a good find.