I had to cut off 1 1/2" of my hair

Last night, I was doing my usual wash, comb hair and put in 7 plaits as I always do b/c I wear my hair underneath my instant weave mostly, in plaits. I noticed on one of the plaits I left a stray strand of hair out, so I swent to take out the band (one of those Goody's "Ouchless" bands) and my hair got caught :mad:. I tried to remove it myself, tried to get my mom to but it wouldnt' budge so I had to cut it off. Lost 1 1/2" total in one spot. I *think* I may be able to play it off and not have to cut anything else but I am so pissed. As you guys know, my hair already grows so slowly and I was *just* looking at it and stretching it right before that happened and it is now to my armpit and I was happy, but the right side, where this occurred, always grows a little slower so it was just above armpit. :mad: :mad: :mad: I felt so bad.I do so much and try so hard w/my hair, and now this. Even as my mother was trying to get the tangle out unsuccessfully, she commented on how healthy my hair looks and how great my scalp looks, and I've always had problems w/my scalp until I found this forum. :mad: :(

awww, sorry to hear about this, , try to stay focused on your goal and think about the progress you made. One and a half inches will be back in no time:)

anatomicallycorrect said:
Last night, I was doing my usual wash, comb hair and put in 7 plaits as I always do b/c I wear my hair underneath my instant weave mostly, in plaits. I noticed on one of the plaits I left a stray strand of hair out, so I swent to take out the band (one of those Goody's "Ouchless" bands) and my hair got caught :mad:. I tried to remove it myself, tried to get my mom to but it wouldnt' budge so I had to cut it off. Lost 1 1/2" total in one spot. I *think* I may be able to play it off and not have to cut anything else but I am so pissed. As you guys know, my hair already grows so slowly and I was *just* looking at it and stretching it right before that happened and it is now to my armpit and I was happy, but the right side, where this occurred, always grows a little slower so it was just above armpit. :mad: :mad: :mad: I felt so bad.I do so much and try so hard w/my hair, and now this. Even as my mother was trying to get the tangle out unsuccessfully, she commented on how healthy my hair looks and how great my scalp looks, and I've always had problems w/my scalp until I found this forum. :mad: :(

{{{hugs}}}

awww big hug look on the bright side it was only in one spot and with all of the info here you will be back on track in no time

Back