I have 2 questions 1 about Frizz & 1 about Moisturizing and Sealing.....

BKfinest

I was wondering How do you ladies prevent your hair from frizzing? Would moisturizing and sealing prevent this ( I havent started this yet)? If you look at my hair to hard it would frizz up:hair:

Also I'm relaxed so would moisturizing and sealing everynight weigh my hair down? I would like to moisturize with NTM and seal with JBCO.

As long as you don't use too much product moisturizing and sealing won't weigh your hair down, though I think JBCO would be a little too heavy for daily sealing on a relaxed head.

You could try using BRX braid spray as a moisturizer and coconut oil to seal. Both are pretty light IMO. Whatever you decide to use just don't be too heavy handed with it and you should be fine.

I prevent my hair from frizzing by keeping the cuticle of my hair shaft closed instead of raised. Acidic products close the cuticles while alkaline products raise the cuticles.

I may not be able to help you with the frizz question...mainly because (for me) I was doing more damage to my hair trying to fight against humidity in rainy Florida. When it's raining, I try curly styles like braidouts and twistouts because 1) I'm not working against the weather and the humidity doesn't mess it up and 2) I'm lazy. Lol. Or I airdry.

For moisture, I use Homocrin Natural Nourishing Conditioner For Dry and Brittle Hair. I know it's a conditioner, but I use it as a moisturizer on dry hair. Great stuff!

Back