I have access to Rivas Silicon Mix (i need some opinions, though)

Miss_Jetsetter

In the last 2 weeks, by personal request, I have gone to the Dominican beauty supply, purchased Silicon mix as well as Seda anti songe leave-in and sent out approx 17 to my fellow LHCF sisters who were in need of it and did not have access to it. I did this on my days off (i have 7 off every other week) and i actually just came from the post office where i sent off another 5. I just got another request for another as I just logged on.

I was over my parents house since that have that package tape that I use to seal the jars from leakage, and my mother asked me what was all that stuff I've been taping up over the last few days. I expalined to her the whole LHCF thing and she was like, "cool, are u making any profit?" and i'm like "no, i'm just sending them out, looking out for folks" Then i told her about the whole sickbay situation with them being out of stock and how it's just so easy for me to run around the corner to get the mix and she told me that since I've been getting and fulfilling so many requests, i should think about buying it wholesale and reselling it that way.

What do you ladies think of this? If I did this, would you buy it from me? I know many of you don't know me from Adam, but I'm hoping that some of the ladies who I have sent the silicon mix to can give a testimonial as to my integrity in promptness in regards to sending them their requested product. I've been getting hit so hard that it's crazy, but i really don't mind at all, cause I know how it is, wanting to get that perfect product to give your hair your desired results.

I'm seriously thinking about reading up on it and researching what all I have to do to make this a legitimate thing. i just would like some feedback from you all, advice even if anyone has any. TIA.

Miss Jet

Last edited:
I think that's a great idea. You could do it really simply by getting it wholesale and just selling via paypal. I'd order it from someone on here, I mean I don't know the sickbay ppl. from Adam, but at least if you don't send it out I know where you hang out on the web :grin:

I think that's a great idea and that if you find a way to do it, you should. I'd definetly buy it from you and I think that since you're doing all this running around, you should at least get some kind of profit for being so helpful.

Than you for your input qtgirl. I'm thinking that it could be a "by request type of thing, initially. You can just pm me what you want, then I just go to the DBSS, pick it up and send it to you. I do have paypal and that's what most of the members have been using to pay me with. My mother volunteered to help me in the event that I get way too many orders that I can't handle and for the days when I'm out flying.

I'd like to try it and would buy some from you. It's a good idea. You could advertise on Ebay too.

candibaby said:
If you do, at least you know you've got a customer in me! :)

Thank you so much Candi! I really aprreciate that!

See, the thing is, I really don't mind doing it. As of lately, when I'm home from my trips, I'm just hanging out on the net, anyway. Originally, I thought that mailing all those jars out was going to be a pain, but I've gotten real organized about it. I went ahead and picked up a whole bunch of USPS large evelope bags, a whole bunch of labels and my packaging tape. I check my PM"s, write down the requesters onfo and quantities, reseal the jars and bottles with tape, put them in a ziplock bag as an extra precaution, take them to the PO and send them off. It takes all of 45 min, which ain't bad at all.

Ok, maybe I am sour about this because I don't care too much for Silicon Mix:

Personally I think you should make your own store. Call Mimor and say you're a merchant. You can charge as much as you want as long as these women are desparate for it. Yea, I said desparate. RACK UP THAT DOUGH! RACK IT!

A few members did it for me (bought products for me), just charging me the price of the products and shipping. Honestly, I would have given them more money if I had more :(

I plan on being a merchant one day in my city.
---
Also, Ladies Sickbay has a ton of other conditioners that are just as good. Let's try new things and give feedback on them :yep:

Girl, count me in for sure!!!!! You were such a sweetheart, and you didn't even balk or complain when I asked you to help me out. I can actually get some stuff here locally, but they charge so much more that I could get it from you cheaper.

I'll support you in any way that I can! Now, what other products will you consider selling?

Hey...perhaps I could consider being a merchant here in my town too :D

We were just on another thread talking about online alternatives to sickbay!!! Ill PM you later with my order if youd ont mind!

Thanks again misjettsetter for being so patient and understanding with me and all the other silicon mix crazed members trying to get their hands on this stuff.:kiss:

As for you selling those products and buying them wholesale...THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCELLENT IDEA. Less hassle for you to go back and forth or you could have an installment of orders by a certain day(once a week ) for those to make requests and payments to you to your paypal account....so that it won't seem like your living in that beauty supply store ..hehe

I would definitely buy products from you. I would really like to try the Silicon Mix, I'll PM you when I get paid on Monday. Great idea!

I would definitely buy products from you. I would really like to try the Silicon Mix, I'll PM you when I get paid on Monday. Great idea!

I would, thanks so much for offering without me even asking. I'd rather buy it from someone on here than sickbay anyway.

thanks missjetsetter. i dont use the silicon mix but i think its a great idea. i agree with the people that said you should get it wholesale. goodluck!

I think you should do it... and at least recoup your gas and supplies money... and I don't think its unreasonable to charge a fee for your time. I would be careful though. I think the Silicon Mix thing is just like fad...eventually people will be onto another product. You don't want to get left with many jars of that stuff...and few buyers.

ThursdayGirl said:
I think you should do it... and at least recoup your gas and supplies money... and I don't think its unreasonable to charge a fee for your time. I would be careful though. I think the Silicon Mix thing is just like fad...eventually people will be onto another product. You don't want to get left with many jars of that stuff...and few buyers.

Yes, you're right. that's why I'm considering a "by request" thing instead of the wholesale route. That way, whatever the latest Dominican rave is, I can get it for you.

I will buy from you I love dominican conditioners and I think you should make
a profit.
I am sending you a PM.

Last edited:
Thank you for your input and advice ladies!

To all of those who are interested, I will be leaving today on a trip, but I will return (Lord's willing, of course) in approx 7 days. For all the people who've sent me PM's I will get right on your requests as soon as I return. I will try to log on at some points during my trip to take inventory of requests that may come in while I'm gone.

Take care!!!!

I think this is a good idea as well, as long as you make sure you aren't getting the short end of the stick and make a modest profit. Yes, I'd definately order from you when I get paid. When you get the time, you could also find out which products are most sought after. Or even, if you're enterprising, have a 'Flavor of the Week and/or Month' sort of deal where you could offer for sell up to five different products that you think'll sell good over the course of the month according to trends. Thats just an idea.

Back