i have bad case of the itches

Norma15

my crown area im my head itches so much even after i wash it sometimes my hair itches so bad i want to rib some of my hair out any sugeestions on what i should i do. i try garlic, vinegar and evn lemon what should i do

AMBERSKYE

Norma15,

What's your hair regimen?
What products do you use?
Do you massage your scalp daily?
Do you take Biotin? If so, this supplement might be the culprit!

Nonie

Norma, have you seen a doctor to eliminate psoriasis or eczema or any other skin condition? Rosemary herbal oil is supposed to be good for relieving itch (Check out http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/hair/hair.php ) What products are you currently using? Could you be allergic to something in a product you're using? What supplements are you taking? I think someone had an itchy scalp reaction to too much biotin... Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come on and shed some light. I hope you find a solution soon.

Hugs,

inthepink

I have a small eczema patch at the back of the my hair. I found rubbing coconut oil into it twice a day has helped calm the itchies. The kind I have is proclaim coconut oil in a jar. It costs 99 cents at Sally's.

marla

If you have sores or bumps, it could be psoriasis. I just learned that is what I have! Profectives makes a serum for itchy scalp, and I think Keracare makes a shampoo too.

Norma15

well my hair care regime consites of doing a pre treatment with apretadora then rinsing it out then washing my hair wwith revolon flex shampoo and then i appley a 10 en 1 deep conditioner and then i apply a felx condtioer and with profective break free as a leave in
my daily use products are
kids organics by africa protein and viteman treatment
ic gel

i take viteman occassionaly and then one is use is a multiviteamna by medagentcs
and massage my scalap maybe twice out of the week

AMBERSKYE

Norma15,
Product build-up on the scalp may cause your scalp to itch.
*Rinse your scalp and hair thouroughly after washing and conditioning.
*Massage your scalp at least once a day
(apply a little oil to the crown area and massage)
*I apply Castor Oil or Sulfur 8 to my scalp when it gets excessively dry or itches.
*When you apply products to the hair, try to avoid getting them on your scalp.
*Use a clarifying shampoo 1-2 times a month

Peachtree

If it's just "new growth itchies" (due to hair pushing through the scalp), well Fantasia makes a wonderful conditioner that relieves these itchies. It's called "Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals Intensive Conditioner". It contains castor oil, Aloe Vera Gel, Rosemary, peppermint, tea tree, lavender, jojoba oils, and several other goodies
. Brownie recommended this product to me for my itchies... i haven't found any other product like it. Ur scalp will feel utterly invigorated for a few hrs after rinsing it out.

I don't know how well it works on the hair, but it makes ur scalp feel d^mn good!!! IT'S A MUST HAVE IN MY REGIME

I'll try to post a pic if i find one....

Peachtree

Here it is...

Here's some info on it....

Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals Intensive Conditioner (Aloe Enriched) 12 oz.

For All Hair Types. Penetrates, Strengthens, Reduces Hair Breakage, Restores Healthy Scalp. Tea Tree Conditioner is a one minute, rinse out, intensive conditioner enriched with tea tree oil, vitamins and proteins that help eliminate dry, flaky, itchy scalp. Feel the cooling effects as you enjoy the pleasing aroma. Stimulates scalp circulation, encouraging a healthy hair growth with super strength, elasticity and shine! Anti-Breakage formula reduces breakage and protects hair and scalp from future damage caused by brushing, combing and heat appliance abuse. Directions: Shampoo with Tea Tree Naturals Shampoo and towel dry hair. Apply a generous amount of conditioner, massage into hair and scalp. Leave on for one minute or longer, depending on damage. Rinse thoroughly. Style.
Price: $ 6.99

I haven't tried the shampoo yet, but I hear it's just as wonderful

rosebud

Norma15,
I see that you use the 10 en 1 deep conditioner. I discovered that when I leave on that 10 en 1 conditioner in my hair too long, my scalp itches like CRAZY.

S

Stylepink

Will these help with "Biotin" itch?
My scalp is sooo sore at the crown from itching and scratching..

AMBERSKYE

Stylepink,

Lowering the dosage of your Biotin intake would be an answer to
the scalp itch that you are experiencing.
Massaging you scalp with a small amount of castor oil or Sulfur 8 may help.
I recently came across a couple of threads dealing with your particular problem.
Do a search on the boards.

Shinka

I recently have had the same problem, then my firend starteds having that problem too. We noticed that we were using hot water inour dorms to wash our hair and that was irritating our scalps ( my hair is natural and her is relaxed). Try using warm water to wash and cole water to rinse out and as a final rinse. Maybe that will help also.