I NEED HELP!!!!!! HOW TO CARE FOR BRAIDS?

NaturalKMichelle

Ok! So I got tree braids about a week ago. I have synthetic hair. Now, I have been having the itches so I have been using Boundless tresses growth oil. At first it was working but now no matter, how much oil I use on my scalp it still itches. :pullhair:

Then I became concerned with all that oil build up. Can you wash your hair with these type of braids and type of hair? I really don't know what to do. I have never had these type of braids before. So, I am kind of stumped on what to do. :perplexed I can't stand these itches because I am making my head sore from scratching. I hate to take them out because I would waste $150.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :feedback:

HairBella08

I've never had tree braids so I don't know if you can wash your hair with them, but I've had other braids and still washed my hair. For me, no matter how much oil I put on my scalp, if it's dirty it will not stop it from itching. I cleaned my scalp with alcohol-free witch hazel first and then lightly applied oil...that helped for me. I use BT too while I'm wearing this sew-in. This is my first time using it so I don't know if it causes a lot of build-up or not. I guess I'll see this weekend when I take this bad baby down.

Wish I could be of more help:sad: