I have Extreme dry hair and breakage Help!!!

queendiva79

Okay i am new t othis site and i am trying to get my hair to healthy condition. So I have done some of the pre-poos listed on this site and my hair is still thirsty and screaming for moisture. Can Rosemary mixed with Sweet almond oil, WGO and Jojoba oil dry your hair out. Some body please tell what i can do to get and keep moisture to my hair!! It has been 9 weeks since i had an relaxer so i have about two and a half inches worth of new growth and i am tempting to start back getting perms because i must be doing something wrong. To keep the heat out of my hair i tryed pulling in a pony tail and putting a bun on it and my hair came out very bad in the back of my hair in just two days. I really don't know what to say or do. I am taking Flaxseed oil, Borage oil, MSM, Onc source hair skin nails vitamin, B-12, and Biotin pills. Does anyone think it is too much. I mean two days of wearing the pony tailmy hair came out to the scalp almost now i can't get braids. Also do you oil your hair, your ends or your scalp with the oils and how often do you do it? Help Help!!!!!!!!!! Desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

dicapr

Remember, oils only lock in the moisture. If your hair is dry, you need a good deep conditioning. Then lock in your moisture with oil. If you want to do it at home, cholesterol is a cheap. Leave it on about an hour or two under a shower cap. This usually stops my hair from breaking from lack of moisture. I hope this helps. Also, when I am that far post relaxer, I part my hair like I was going to relax and apply the cholesterol directly to my newgrowth also. This makes the newgrowth alot softer and more manageable.

JazzyDez

in agreement with dicapr...

are you deep conditioning??

If your hair has been dry for a while it will take some time to get it to be soft and moisturized. I recommened deep conditioning with a good moisturizing conditioner (ie. Nexxus Humectress, keracare humecto), with a plastic cap with heat 2X a week for a few weeks, then maybe you can scale back to 1X a week once your hair is in better condition. You will need to find some good daily moisturizers too (2X daily). S-Curl (blue and white bottle) does wonders for softening my hair when it is very dry.

ETA: welcome to LHCF :)

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
What kind of hair product are using besides oils? I only use oils to seal ithe moisture on the ends of hair only or prepoo mixed with conditioner. I personally use Keracare Humecto conditoner and Nexxus Humectress. I use either ors moisturizer in jar or Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine for daily moisture Honeydew recommended. You could also do cowashing which really keeps your hair moisturized.

Below is a list of products Sisterslick listed in her famous Hair Breakage and Shedding 101 now a sticky
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=84746

Moisture-Based Conditioners
Crème of Nature Nourishing Conditioner
Herbal Essences Replenishing Conditioner
Nexxus Humectress
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Dove Intense Moisture
Neutragena Triple Moisture Daily Conditioner
Neutragena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask???
Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner
Keracare Humecto
Mizani Moisturefuse
AtOne Botanicals Reconstructor w/ Moisture Recovery

Moisture-Based Moisturizers
ORS olive oil
ORS carrot oil
S-Curl
StaSoFro
Hollywood Beauty Carrot and Olive Oil
Most Braid Sprays
*moisturizing leave ins can be used as waterbased moisturizers- especially crème based ones)

Moisturizing Leave Ins:
Neutragena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave in
Profectiv Anti-Tangle Leave In

Hair Iam

Elucence conditioner or suave coconut as leave in.
Then add coconut oil mixed with castor oil
Apply mixture to hair, message in, twist or braid,
Satin cap should be smoother next day;) .

LiLi

WGO made my hair feel dry. You need to start fresh. You may just have waaaay too much build-up. Use a chelating shampoo, let it sit on your hair for about 10-15 minutes. Deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner for at least 1/2 hour. Rinse it out and use a moisturizer but don't put so much stuff on your hair.

I think you might be using too much stuff. How much rosemary oil are you using? You have to be careful with that stuff ... you can't use too much of it. Like one or two drops in a mix ... that's it.

queendiva79

Thanks everybody for your replies

I use QP Elasta Deep hydration conditoner mixed with the oils and i let it sit sometimes for two hours, KeraCare Dry and itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner, WGO, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Peppemint, and Rosmary Oil, not everyday though. I also use ORS oil Moisturizer.
When i put my hair in the pony tail i used S-curl moisturizer(blue and white bottle), proclaim curl activator, IC shining gel (without the alcohol) and Jamacian Mango and Lime Oil mist (From Sally's).
I was thinking maybe the lime andmago stuff may have broken my hair out i don't know but i know it happen in too days. It's scary!!!
Also i may be putting to much of everything i know for sure i was putting to much rosmary if you only need two to three drops i was putting about 10 drops that is one of my problems. I shall try the keracare conditioners like you all suggested. Thanks so much !!!

sexyaqr

One little note of advice,....Less is more. My hair comes out in chunks if I put too much product in it. My hair loves less product. When I first started really taking care of my hair, I washed and deep conditioned every three days until my hair started to look better. Then I went to weekly. Since LCHF, I have added Elasta QP Mango Butter and my hair loves it. I also seal with Kemi Oyl and like a day before I wash I put coconut oil in my hair.

I know that they say that you have to moisturize every day but I can't or I have too much hair loss. I moisturize every other day but I keep my hair up(protective styling) so when I do take it down to moisturize again, my hair is so moisturized, soft, bouncy, beautiful.

But that is just my take. Probably you are just using too much products at once.

shunta

sexyaqr said:
One little note of advice,....Less is more. My hair comes out in chunks if I put too much product in it. My hair loves less product. When I first started really taking care of my hair, I washed and deep conditioned every three days until my hair started to look better. Then I went to weekly. Since LCHF, I have added Elasta QP Mango Butter and my hair loves it. I also seal with Kemi Oyl and like a day before I wash I put coconut oil in my hair.

I know that they say that you have to moisturize every day but I can't or I have too much hair loss. I moisturize every other day but I keep my hair up(protective styling) so when I do take it down to moisturize again, my hair is so moisturized, soft, bouncy, beautiful.

But that is just my take. Probably you are just using too much products at once.
Same here:perplexed