I have found some GREAT products this week(LAP)

Faith

I went a little bit NUTS this week :look: Ok a LOT nuts and bought some products. And in all that "mess" I found some great ones.

1. Vitale neutralizing shampoo : AWESOME. Can it be used as a regular shampoo? Anybody?

2. Vitale Positive Conditioner (Revive): Awesome

3. Kenra Emollient: GREAT. Hair felt like butter afterwards and still does right now...and I don't even have any products in there besides my leave in.

4. Speaking of leave-in...Giovanni vitapro leave in: Very good. I'm very pleased with it.

5. Nexxus emergencee: AWESOME.

6. Jason's Alove Vera Shampoo: Not bad. I think it may be my main one

7. Nexxus Ensure: Not sure what it did/does exactly BUT will keep on it and see.

8. Fantastix Moisture Spray: Nope

9. Vitale Relaxer: GREAT. Hair came out like butter. ETA: BUT the afro is back. May be good for somebody with hair not in the 4s.

10. Mountain Mist: (made in BC)...nope. Not bad as a body spray (which is one of its uses).

Since I used the Vitale relaxer and started the vitapro, my hair seems to be more moisturized. It holds water a bit longer and dries softer. I don't think it's the flax seed oil yet. I just started that on Sunday.

My routine yesterday which resulted in some, pretty tangle free hair.
- Washed with Vitale neutralizing shampoo (My routine is to neutralize again after a relaxer...makes me feel more assured that its all out..lol)
-Applied Emergencee with no cap and no heat for 30 minutes
- Rinsed and shampooed with Jason's Aloe Vera Shampoo
- Applied Kenra Emollient
- This morning sprayed in Giovanni vitapro.

My hair feels so moisturized and the ends/strands are tangle free and smooth.

How often can Emergencee be used? My bottle says every 2 weeks. Is that too much though?

I bought some non-hair related things as well:
Aloe vera gel (I ingest it)
ACV
Mango-Xan

Last edited:
I'm glad you found things you liked. I tried Ensure for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I like it alot. It is actually an acidifying conditioner, it has a low ph of 3.0, so it therefore closed the hair cuticles really tight and prevent moisture from being lost. Yesterday I got Dove Advanced Sheer Moisture Replensing Mist. I tried it today after I washed and deep conditioned my hair and I like it alot. It is really light and provides moisture and slip.

Last edited:
so1913 said:
And you all try to say that I'M bad.....LOL

See, I'm not the only one.
HUSH :lol: I see it as we're doing the ladies of LHCF a favor...testing products for all. Like a civic duty. :look:

I'll have to look into that dove product. Many on LHL were going on and on about it...hmmm :look:

Last edited:
I used Emergencee ever 2 weeks (or sometimes every week) to nurse my hair back to health. But now that it is getting better I use it once a month.

Faith you're sick! That Neutralizing Shampoo can be used as a clarifer. You can use it anytime you want. I always thought Vitale relaxer was gentle, just not effective for my 6F hair :lol:

congrats on finding products that work on your hair, i may try the vitale after i finished up my two kits of elasta QP relaxer.

anky said:
Faith you're sick! That Neutralizing Shampoo can be used as a clarifer. You can use it anytime you want. I always thought Vitale relaxer was gentle, just not effective for my 6F hair :lol:
I know...it's an illness. I was doing so well then I saw this new BSS open up by me and all was lost :lol: I think it's back under control now...my last purchase was MegaTek on Friday :look: I swear it's my last product for at least 6-12months UNLESS I need to re-stock. :look: :lol:

And I had no idea about the neutralizer as clarifying product..thanks :)

Den, like Anky the Vitale may be good for you BUT for my 4a/4b hair it did NOTHING after I washed it out. Hair felt SOFT but the afro is back.

Thanks MizaniMami, I think I'll use it every wash day for the next 2 months and see what happens.

Last edited:
Back