I HAVE LACE GLUE STUCK IN MY HAIR ! PLEASE H E L P !

I'm a big dummy. :wallbash: anywayy I don't have any thing to get this lace glue out of my hair. :nono: Its like two smedium sized pieces of glue in my and on my scalp. I don't know how to get it off. Its like stuckk in their, I know if I try to just pull it. It'll yank my hair our so I'm not that much of a dummy. :ohwell: butt I don't have anything to remove it with. any suggestions ladies ? what to use/buy ? how to use it ? :grin: preferably something not too expensive. anddd why can't they just make something that you can use to glue a lace wig that works with your hair , not against it ???? :drunk:

I remember when I used to wear glue-ins, the best way to get it out was with either sweat or water. I used to sweat them out so thats why glue-ins sucked for me...lol.

Have you tried saturating the area really well then attempting to lift it off?

ETA:

found this on the other board,

Taking out a weave is not as difficult as it seems. I use to struggle with removing my weaves once upon a time until I learned how, all the while protecting and preserving my hair.

First: If it's sewn in, remove the thread with a pair of scissors or a razor. If you can't see the back of your head, have a TRUSTED someone cut the thread for you. If its glued in, place oil throughout your scalp, let it sit for twenty minutes or so and gently pull the track from your hair/scalp, it should come up easily. If you don't have oil or oil sheen, you can use Natty Glue Remover.

Second: After your weave is out, use a wide tooth comb throughout your hair to remove dead hair, tangles, glue and/or thread.

Third: Apply a conditioner throughout your hair and cover it with a cap, this helps to reduce the chance of tangling when you wash your hair.

Lastly: Shampoo and condition your hair and style as usual.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with lace glue but when I wore glue in weaves, I used Oil Sheen to get the glue out. They slid right out and I used to cake the glue on..

I'm not familiar with lace glue but when I wore glue in weaves, I used Oil Sheen to get the glue out. They slid right out and I used to cake the glue on..

I remember when I used to wear glue-ins, the best way to get it out was with either sweat or water. I used to sweat them out so thats why glue-ins sucked for me...lol.

Have you tried saturating the area really well then attempting to lift it off?

ETA:

found this on the other board,

Taking out a weave is not as difficult as it seems. I use to struggle with removing my weaves once upon a time until I learned how, all the while protecting and preserving my hair.

First: If it's sewn in, remove the thread with a pair of scissors or a razor. If you can't see the back of your head, have a TRUSTED someone cut the thread for you. If its glued in, place oil throughout your scalp, let it sit for twenty minutes or so and gently pull the track from your hair/scalp, it should come up easily. If you don't have oil or oil sheen, you can use Natty Glue Remover.

Second: After your weave is out, use a wide tooth comb throughout your hair to remove dead hair, tangles, glue and/or thread.

Third: Apply a conditioner throughout your hair and cover it with a cap, this helps to reduce the chance of tangling when you wash your hair.

Lastly: Shampoo and condition your hair and style as usual.

what about baby oil?

Thank you ladies but weave glue(black) and lace glue (which is clear) are different. Weave glue is kind of easy to get out. I think I need a solvent or some lace glue remover. I think I'll just go to the beauty supply store. :( the gle wasnt cheap so I have a feeling that the remover wont be either.

Please go to the BSS and purchase the glue remover for lace wigs. There are many brands. Do not try to remove with out it. Walker lace release, C22, hard bond remover to name just a few. Follow the directions. HTH

I am not an expert, I bought and tried on my first lace front but was too chicken to glue it.

Can Nail Polish Remover work? It removes most types of glues.

Back