I Have Super Soft NATURAL Hair, Thanks To....

ScandalousBeauty

Glycerin and Aloe Vera Gel

]Maybe it's one of the two, or the two combined. Why, oh why didn't you all stress this before?? My brother was like, I didn't know that afro's were that soft!!! My hair is literally so soft to the touch that I can't stop touching it. I use 100% Glycerin from the BSS and Palmer's Aloe Vera Gel. $8 total.

Plus, that Aloe Vera Gel makes my hair curlier than ever! To think I spent a kabillion dollars on products, and this works better than any of them. I do this every few days, and my hair stays curly and moist.

Love it, love it, love it!!!! :thumbsup:

zzirvingj

Congrats! There was post a little while ago about how good glycerine is, and I had decided I was going to buy some. Then I forgot about it. So the PJ in me is sure to make this my next hair product purchase!

Can you use aloe vera directly from the leaf for your hair, too??

Twisties

Thanks for posting this. I remember quite a while back I mixed aloe vera gel and a little vitamin E oil together and got the best twist-out ever that stayed soft.

I will try the aloe and glycerin mix and see how it goes for me. I bought some glycerin a while back and never used it. DLewis even suggested using it as a "rinse" in the same manner as oil rinsing.

Cool info.

D

donewit-it

I've been using the glycerin for my wash and go's. I heard some where that it was good in the cooler climates (like now for us in the Northeast), but if it were hot (like of I don't know, but you get my point) we wouldn't have that much success.

Anyways, glycerin is doing me good, glad it's being good to you too.

Do you experience extra shrinkage with the AVG. I just oil with whatever is near by, right now Avocado Oil (trying it out). But I think much of my success just comes from the CWs and glycerin.

Oh yeah, I do sprinkle some daily doctor into my dripping wet hair before exiting the shower (P1 tip)

Last edited by a moderator:

Soliel185

That's what I've been SAYING! I make my own moisture spray and it's almost exclusively Glycerine and Aloe Vera - I use the jelly (food grade) not the gel but it's the best moisturizer EVER. I'm relaxed andI use it to keep my NG soft and moist while I stretch and it's minimzing breakage b/c the line of demarcation is so moisterized and elastic. Seal it in with some castor oil, and prepare for :love:

OH - I live in AZ which is dry dry dry but Glycerine is a humectant - it attracts and holds water from the air basically. If you live in a humid climate this could = frizziness and puff. But if you're in a dry climate or it's winter it's the perfect thing to keep the moisture in.

locabouthair

GLYCERIN is the truth!! Since I incorporated into my regimen bye bye dryness issues:yep:

yes it is! I used to use s curl when I was natural and everyone laughed at me. But they were real suprised when they touched my hair. I have coarse very tightly coiled 4b hair, so people didn't think my hair could be soft. but it definitely was!