My Natural hair is so soft! I can't keep my hands out it!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I can't believe how soft my hair is. My past 7 times going natural, my hair was hard and it didn't look moisturized. I realized that my past natural journeys, I caked my hair up in gel and swore it looked good.:rolleyes: Now, thanks to you tube and some natural education, I find that I really don't need gel for my hair to curl, just a little conditioner and water. Aloe vera gel is a bit heavy for me. Maybe it will work when my hair gets longer. I found that my hair can be really soft and moist with just a little product. A newsflash for me.:blush: I really would like to learn how to use coconut oil in my hair or my vatika frosting. I just love the smell of that stuff.:lick::lachen: If anyone has any natural hair tips, I would highly appreciate it!

PinkSkates

My natural hair loves Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO). I apply it when I wear a natural twist-out; keeps my hair feeling like butter.:yep:
And I also use EVCO on my hairline and ends to provide moisture to my dry press/straightened natural hair.

lilsparkle825

i used to leave in conditioner over the summer but then i realized too much makes my hair crunchy. not a good look.

if i use EVCO i prefer it using it to seal rather than to moisturize now that it is winter. i will use something heavy like baby buttercreme THEN use the coconut oil.

loulou82

I'm glad you found something that works for you. I love the smell of vakita frosting. I mix it in my deep conditioners and seal with it. Aloe vera juice is also great. Mix it with a little bit of light conditioner and distilled water in a spray bottle and MOISTURE like no other.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I can't believe how soft my hair is. My past 7 times going natural, my hair was hard and it didn't look moisturized. I realized that my past natural journeys, I caked my hair up in gel and swore it looked good.:rolleyes: Now, thanks to you tube and some natural education, I find that I really don't need gel for my hair to curl, just a little conditioner and water. Aloe vera gel is a bit heavy for me. Maybe it will work when my hair gets longer. I found that my hair can be really soft and moist with just a little product. A newsflash for me.:blush: I really would like to learn how to use coconut oil in my hair or my vatika frosting. I just love the smell of that stuff.:lick::lachen: If anyone has any natural hair tips, I would highly appreciate it!

I lubb lubb lubb the vatika frosting. I just used it for the first time over the weekend :yep:

And erruh, you are still ddtexlaxed to me ;)

drjo91

Aww i wish i could say the same thing but i can't. I dont know if i am experiencing scab hair but nothing moisturizes my hair. I dont know if i haven't found the right products or w.e but NOTHING SEENS TO WORK. My hair looks like a brillo when is on is dry state.

SignatureBeauty

HEY DD!!!! I agree with Fab, you will always be DD, just like to some I am still Nappyparadise, heeheehee!! But I am glad to hear your hair is soft, I can't wait to see how our hair look 6 months from now!!

Nonie

Hi NatrlChallenge :wave:

My hair used to feel hard and dry until I stopped loading it with products. Now a good conditioning treatment and baggying and my hair stays so soft. I keep saying I can't do WNGs but I can if my hair stays in twists. CWing and then just letting the hair drip dry leaves me with very soft hair. :yep: That explains why I could never do the hands-out-of-hair challenge.

Liberianmami26

since listening to u guys and dc and moisturizing i dont get a lot of that hard crunchy hair in my kitchen area of my nape yall the bomb.

BostonMaria

OP, I see you have a case of HIAD (Hair In Afro Disease) which I do too. Congrats on your name change and BC!

BostonMaria

Aww i wish i could say the same thing but i can't. I dont know if i am experiencing scab hair but nothing moisturizes my hair. I dont know if i haven't found the right products or w.e but NOTHING SEENS TO WORK. My hair looks like a brillo when is on is dry state.

you have some relaxed hair in the front that probably isn't helping. Are you co-washing every day? Sealing with an oil? Hang in there chica, it'll get better!

DDTexlaxed

I lubb lubb lubb the vatika frosting. I just used it for the first time over the weekend :yep:

And erruh, you are still ddtexlaxed to me ;)
That's cool!:yep: I'm chasing a natural dream right now, so I figured a name change would not cause confusion.:nono: In a year, if it does not work out, I will be back to DDTexlaxd.:rolleyes:

DDTexlaxed

HEY DD!!!! I agree with Fab, you will always be DD, just like to some I am still Nappyparadise, heeheehee!! But I am glad to hear your hair is soft, I can't wait to see how our hair look 6 months from now!!
Yeah, If I don't get some BC pics, ya'll gonna kill me!:lachen: Don't worry, I answer to either one. NatrlChallenge was my original SN when I found LHCF.

Last edited:

empressri

what products are you using??