I have to give up BT

V

vivadiva85

I noticed that as of late, I've had an excessive amount of shedding. I thought about my products and regimen, and remembered that the only difference was that I started using BT in the last month.

So I stopped using it for a few days and noticed that the shedding stopped. And then to make sure it was the BT, I used it again for another few days and then the shedding returned :crying3:

I'm upset because it gave me excellent growth and the scent is heavenly. :cry: Maybe I can ask naturallady for a custom order where I can have just the scented oil?

And my topical growth track record:

MTG burns my skin, but excellent growth
I'm too lazy for MN
WGO is nothing spectacular IMO
BT smells good, gives me excellent growth but causes me excessive shedding :(

I just ordered some Lenzi's Request. Maybe that'll work out in my favor. *shrug*
If not, I guess I'll just go back to pill popping. I think CandyC is right about those vitamins. When I took them everyday I got excellent growth then as well. Taking 50-11 vitamins/day just sucks :ohwell:

Thanks for listening.

SignatureBeauty

Maybe it is too much sulfur in it for you,Maybe she could make you one with less sulfur, or maybe you could use it just once a week?

Good Luck To You!

V

vivadiva85

MizAvalon said:
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. What is excessive shedding for you?

when I wash my hair, only a few strands come out. maybe 5 to 10 that I count. but lately its been like I'll get like 5 to 10 in one section of my head. sometimes its so much I feel like I'm going bald or something. that's an exaggeration, but I just get much more shedding than I usually do.

the funny thing is that I first noticed the shedding the day I put so much BT in my head that when I was ashy that day, I massaged my scalp and then rubbed my shoulder and I was good. :look: so when i co washed my hair the next day, a boatload came out. That's when I performed my test :ohwell:

V

vivadiva85

NappyParadise said:
Maybe it is too much sulfur in it for you,Maybe she could make you one with less sulfur, or maybe you could use it just once a week?

Good Luck To You!

that's a good idea. maybe that's what i'll do.

dlewis

I had lots and lots of shedding when I first started using it also. But after about a week it stopped. Sorry it didn't work for you. Did you email her to let her know?

SignatureBeauty

I know for me once or twice is enough, but I am never consistant, But it has such a Lovely Scent. Try that and let us know how it turns out, I guess if you have dry scalp then everyday might be good,but I know my scalp witll retain oil if I use it everyday.

la flaca

BT is not for me either, my hair is too dry now and the skin of my neck is peeling off badly, you are not alone here.:(

Cayenne0622

Well, you know my story...same thing. After about a week I started having a lot of shedding as well. I couldn't figure out whether it was BT or the new whole head baggy challenge that I started doing around the same time. Either way, I ended up with big time shedding and breakage so I had to stop both. I'm still trying to recover from the breaking but I see the shedding is slowing to a stop. (sigh)

Dlewis - your shedding stopped after a week of using? hmmm I'm wondering if I had gotten past the 1st week and a half or so if that would have happened for me too?

Lissa0821

I had increased shedding for about three weeks to the point I was concerned at first. I was using it everyday but I now I use it every other day and decreased the amount I used and the shedding ended and my hair started to grow full force.

Tamrin

unapologetic
It did make me shed a lot the first week, my So got concerned but I did read the post from some of the ladies here about the it stopping i persisted and I stopped shedding. my best advice to u is use it 3 times a week and use it on your scalp only

blazingthru

I was going to use up my bottle but I will wait it out. Maybe once or twice a week. I am not consistent with it or any topical growth. Also for MN you can squeeze it into a bottle (dye bottle) and then add an oil to stretch it. an oil like jojoba or avacodo or emu oil. you can add a drop of essential oil for fragrance. I have tried this and have had no adverse reaction but again, I am not consistent. I love washing my hair so Its a waste for me to add those additional products to it.

SignatureBeauty

I too was gonna sell my bottle but I decided to give it another try and I use it as an overnight scalp treatment 1-2x's a week I might make it 3, and I wash it out in the Mornings, because when the sun hits my head that sulfur smell arise, so the overnight baggie method seems to be a winner.

V

vivadiva85

Thanks for your input ladies.

dlweis, i did the waiting a week thing and the shedding didn't lessen. i guess up i'll just give it up.

nappy paradise: my neck doesn't peel form BT, but it does from MTG.

it just smells so good that i don't even want to give it up. I hope Lenzi's request works out for me

SignatureBeauty

Awwww! Viva, I am sorry!I must confess I keep thinking I am gonna have to give mine up to but I don't want to, even though I am using it, Well I just started back it is just giving me Headaches and I can't shake it, I have it on my head now with a Baggie and my head just went to banging, I want to experience that good quick growth too. But I guess I need to just realize that I can't use it, because I can't ignore the headaches that I am getting. I didn't get headaches with MTG at all. But I have just been in denial every since I got it. Because everyone else was having great fast growth. But I guess I will just have to leave it alone. I mean my hair grows pretty fast but I guess I wanted faster LOL!!!

HoneyDew

Guys when I use any topical products that make my hair grow faster, I get more shedding. The only thing I can think is that hairs in the last part of the hair cycle reached that point a little faster and fell out.

Hopefully the growth aid makes the anagen (grwoth) phase last longer rather than just making my hairs reach the end of the telogen phase (shedding) faster. :perplexed

hopeful

I've been using it on a trouble spot I have that had broken off some. I use it every day or every other day. I've been using it about a month I think. I'm not really seeing any shedding but not any major growth either. I think I'll be patient and finish up the bottle. If I don't see any significant growth I doubt I'll buy it again. I think I just do best when I focus on moisturizing and low low manipulation, as in wash/con/twist it up/ leave it alone and keep it moist.

HoneyDew

hopeful said:
I've been using it on a trouble spot I have that had broken off some. I use it every day or every other day. I've been using it about a month I think. I'm not really seeing any shedding but not any major growth either. I think I'll be patient and finish up the bottle. If I don't see any significant growth I doubt I'll buy it again. I think I just do best when I focus on moisturizing and low low manipulation, as in wash/con/twist it up/ leave it alone and keep it moist.

OT, but your twist out looks very pretty. :)

missvi

God is Good!!
I have been having a lot of shedding lately. I have lost so much hair over the last two weeks. I wanted to cry! :( I really wanted BT to work, but it is the only new thing I have been using. I think maybe allergic to sulfur :confused:

HoneyDew

missvi said:
I have been having a lot of shedding lately. I have lost so much hair over the last two weeks. I wanted to cry! :( I really wanted BT to work, but it is the only new thing I have been using. I think maybe allergic to sulfur :confused:

OT, but your hair looks great, too. Yall are killing me this weekend with all of these pretty pics of your hair.

senimoni

I'm OT too ...MissVi you and your photos are gorgeous.....we will need you to make a fotki as soon as possible.

Mahalialee4

This is something you ladies may want to consider:
With the Surge to try it for 14 days.
With the MTG it was to be used sparingly and reasonably. Like maybe once a week.
With a lot of recipes and products we often ignore guidelines, warnings etc. and just do what we do.
Perhaps Surge was not meant to be a daily thing for 30 days ad infinitum.
Perhaps MTG should be use according to the guidlelines.
Perhaps our sulphur mixes need to be given due respect. Maybe we need to take occasional breaks. Maybe 2x a week would be enough after the first 14 days.
Maybe we are the problem and not the product.
I have not tried BT but I use my own sulphur mix. Have had no problems. I do 2 weeks on and one week on and so on. "You can get too much of a good thing" as they use to say back in the day.
I remember what happened with the Coconut Milk and Lime. As clear as the directions were: People were substituting. When someone posts a "specific" recipe: Some of the first questions in the forums are: Can I substitute and use....instead? but yet they want "specific" results!
Just some thoughts MO

GoldenBreeze

Mahalialee4 said:
With the MTG it was to be used sparingly and reasonably. Like maybe once a week.
With a lot of recipes and products we often ignore guidelines, warnings etc. and just do what we do.
Perhaps our sulphur mixes need to be given due respect. Maybe we need to take occasional breaks. Maybe 2x a week would be enough after the first 14 days.
I have not tried BT but I use my own sulphur mix. Have had no problems. I do 2 weeks on and one week on and so on. "You can get too much of a good thing" as they use to say back in the day.
I remember what happened with the Coconut Milk and Lime. As clear as the directions were: People were substituting. When someone posts a "specific" recipe: Some of the first questions in the forums are: Can I substitute and use....instead? but yet they want "specific" results!
Just some thoughts MO

ITA: I really like the way you said this Mahalialee. It's what I was thinking, but you captured it so well.:)

klb120475

Mahalialee4 said:
Just some thoughts MO

Well said!!!:)

Snuckles

Mahalialee4, I think you have a point.

Sulphur is really drying, so make sure that you're on top of your moisturizing routine.

Nice & Wavy

Mahalialee4 said:
Just some thoughts MO

You hit the on the head with this one!

SignatureBeauty

I like that Idea, I am only gonna use it once a week and that will be as an overnight treatment before wash day, Maybe I was using too much and that is what gave me headaches. Because I am so heavy handed. I just hate to give up on it before I get a good chance to use it and see progress.

You ladies are Wonderful!