I have to share..another MTG story

determine3

I wasn't going to bother with sharing this but I'm so happy I have to let my girls know!!!!
My mom has a friend who for some odd reason that I don't know about, has major bald spots. She rocks wigs all the time but I have seen her a couple of times w/o the wig and her hair is not doing so well. Picture this, a bald head with patches of long hair. I would say her "hair" takes up 1/3 of her head and the other 2/3 is bald.:( Well, I gave my mom some MTG in a bottle and told her to give it to her. I told my mom to make sure she really gives it a good shake and to massage it onto her scalp daily. The way I look at is, it can't get any worse for her so it's worth a try right??? Anyways, my mom calls me today ( and you have to remember, my mom knows nothing about hair care or these forums) to tell me her friends scalp is filling in. She described it as (and I'm still confused by this) when a baby chicken is born and the feathers are brand new.:confused:

I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know her hair bothers her bc she's always trying to find a way to grow it... I mean from expensive doctors appt's to expensive products etc. that keep letting her down. If I take anything from this board, the ability to help out others is worth so much to me! I told my mom she should take pics but my mom is kinda old fashioned and doesn't "GET" the whole picture of your hair thing:lachen:

Ladies, thanks for all the useful advice I have received from you and can share with others! Hopefully, I can update this thread in a month or 2 or 3 and post that she has inches in those bald areas!

brownsugar9999

YAY!!!!! Another funky bacon juice success story!!!!!!
That's just encouragement to keep up with it!!!!!
Thanx for "spreading the wealth".
Welcome her to the rotten BBQ club....
Member for life (or at least until waist length):grin:

Armyqt

determine3 said:
I wasn't going to bother with sharing this but I'm so happy I have to let my girls know!!!!
My mom has a friend who for some odd reason that I don't know about, has major bald spots. She rocks wigs all the time but I have seen her a couple of times w/o the wig and her hair is not doing so well. Picture this, a bald head with patches of long hair. I would say her "hair" takes up 1/3 of her head and the other 2/3 is bald.:( Well, I gave my mom some MTG in a bottle and told her to give it to her. I told my mom to make sure she really gives it a good shake and to massage it onto her scalp daily. The way I look at is, it can't get any worse for her so it's worth a try right??? Anyways, my mom calls me today ( and you have to remember, my mom knows nothing about hair care or these forums) to tell me her friends scalp is filling in. She described it as (and I'm still confused by this) when a baby chicken is born and the feathers are brand new.:confused:

I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know her hair bothers her bc she's always trying to find a way to grow it... I mean from expensive doctors appt's to expensive products etc. that keep letting her down. If I take anything from this board, the ability to help out others is worth so much to me! I told my mom she should take pics but my mom is kinda old fashioned and doesn't "GET" the whole picture of your hair thing:lachen:

Ladies, thanks for all the useful advice I have received from you and can share with others! Hopefully, I can update this thread in a month or 2 or 3 and post that she has inches in those bald areas!

That's really awesome that you were able to help someone else. HHG to you :)

determine3

Welcome her to the rotten BBQ club

I would do ALL of the above but they would think i'm crazy!!!! My mom's idea of using the computer is to pull up her solitaire game:lol: I love that woman.

That's really awesome that you were able to help someone else. HHG to you :)

Thanks girl! I honestly feel great about this. Imagine if her hair really grows out?? That would mean I was sent here by God in order to find a way to help her... at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Naijaqueen

ohhhh u gave the gift of MTG, how lovely :)
That sounds great, speaking of I've been slacking on teh MTG tip, need to get back up to at least 4x-5x a week, like i was b4 :(

blueabyss333

That was very sweet and helpful of you. You have a good heart. Imagine all the stress you've probably taken off her shoulders just from that act of kindness.

PittiPat

Ah, that's wonderful. I'm so happy for her. I know how it is to feel self conscious about bald spots on your head. **leaves computer to massage MTG onto semi-bald temples***

brownsugar9999

Yes you are a good hearted person giving away a WHOLE bottle of MTG!!! I'm like that old school record commercial..."nooooo my brotha...you gotsta buy your own!" My bacon head goes out to you!!!!! You are now Saint Baconacious in my eyes!!!:grin:

devin

oh that is great news! so glad to hear you could help someone with the MTG! i start using mine again after this week.:)

Candycane044

Naijaqueen said:
ohhhh u gave the gift of MTG, how lovely :)
That sounds great, speaking of I've been slacking on teh MTG tip, need to get back up to at least 4x-5x a week, like i was b4 :(

Naija you better not be slacking :poke: you're the one that inspired me lol. BTW determine this is great to hear, I bet that woman isso thankful for you hehe.

ekomba

Thats so kind of you helping your mom's friend. MTG does rock. Man i havent used it in almost 2 months i need to reorder asap and jump back on the bandwagon:p

DahomeyAhosi

That is great news. I've tried to share my mtg with two ladies but I think the smell prevented them from making use of it.

shellzfoshizzle

Another success! That's great what you did.

I have been using it for about a month now and I have no idea how much growth I've gotten but I've had to switch up combs to a wider tooth because I can't comb my hair!!!!!!

I bought a trial sized bottle and that lasted me about 3 weeks. I know now that I will need to order a gallon size of this stuff!

blazingthru

Thats great, I am with you, I like to help anyone when I can. I offer to help out several times with my bottle. So I know the feeling. Keep us posted I will be looking to hear about it. I am faithfully using my MTG every other day.

Phoenix

Thank God she had the sense to accept your help! I've recommended MTG to two folks and they turned up their noses at the idea of using a product made for horses. Did she know what she was using?

determine3

[/Thank God she had the sense to accept your help! I've recommended MTG to two folks and they turned up their noses at the idea of using a product made for horses. Did she know what she was using?
QUOTE]

I explained to my mom what it was but told her that I was using it so she probably didn't even really think about it. I'm not sure if she told her friend that it's made for horses. My mom is not afraid to use products for other things then the intended purpose though. When we were little and had a cold, she would rub us from head to toe in Jamacian 100% proof rum and I can testify that by morning the cold or flu symptom was gone!!!!! ;) I could give you hundreds of examples but then I would be writing a book!

blessed

PittiPat said:
Ah, that's wonderful. I'm so happy for her. I know how it is to feel self conscious about bald spots on your head. **leaves computer to massage MTG onto semi-bald temples***
thats funny so did I :grin:

carletta

brownsugar9999 said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
as my cousin and I read this :lol: ! we call it bacon dripping or bacon grease ! :lachen:

girl you are wild !

determine3

Funny you should ask, I saw her for the first time myself on Sunday and her hair is filling in...slowly but surely! She wants me to buy her a full bottle because I gave her some of mine. The only problem she mentioned (and I felt it too bc she made me run my hands on her head) is that the hair is kinda dry. I told her to try using a full baggy for moisture. Her scalp has gone from completely clean (with the long patches of hair throughout) to filled in- kinda like a newborn. Her hair hasn't grown in years so this is big progress for her. She still can't wear her own hair but she is so proud of the NG! I think it would take about a year before she will be able to show it off!

MsCounsel

brownsugar9999 said:

Brownsugar,

You are too funny! That's my logic. I will continue with MTG until I'm waist length!

Candy_C

determine3 said:

Thats amazing...i still dont know how the rest of the world hasn't caught on yet..